Velodyne Minivee 8” 1000 watt subwoofer - Sold

dbryantdbryant Posts: 517
edited December 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
This is a really nice small subwoofer. Works perfect. No issues at all. Just not using.

$175
Post edited by KennethSwauger on

Comments

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,253
    Possibly interested, pics and location. Local sale or willing to ship?
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • dbryantdbryant Posts: 517
    Its in Maine. Shipping is pretty easy, its small.nm5w25ilouak.jpeg
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 5,192
    I will take it if @la2vegas passes. Sending PM
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,252
    If they pass I'll take it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

Nobody has taken it yet. Up for grabs F1
    edited December 2018
    I figured it out, PM sent.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

Still up for grabs!
    Sale pending to F1
    @dbryant I will take it
    edited December 2018
    Maybe I was out of sync? I really want it if I got dibs
    Bruce, I'm out, it's yours. Enjoy!

Sale pending to afterburnt
  • Is it still available? I'm interested
  • jimrolfq wrote: »
    Is it still available? I'm interested

I think that the guy with the cat avatar has snatched this up.
    Yup, it is sold
    It arrived safe and sound, I think. My friend was being considerate and locked my front gate for me while I was gone. I left it open on purpose. UPS pitched it over a six-foot fence on to the asphalt! I plugged it in and it looks to be ok. I will get to listen to it tomorrow.
    😡😡😡😡 let me know. I will file a claim and /or just make a complaint if needed. 6 feet is quite a drop
    Seems ok but... any good ideas on putting it through its paces? Turns out it had to be seven feet! Brown clown gets no gift this year lol.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,591
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Seems ok but... any good ideas on putting it through its paces? Turns out it had to be seven feet! Brown clown gets no gift this year lol.

Go kick the neighbor in the sack
  • verbverb Posts: 5,132
    Man I thought you were kidding! OMG! Hope everything is ok. Looks like a nifty little sub. Let us know!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Rega RP1 TT, VTL 2.5 Preamplifier, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs DAC, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Marantz CD-1 transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus Subwoofer, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Project BoxE Bluetooth Streamer, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
    edited December 2018
    Dude was being conscience, he knew I was out of town. Not my neighbor, he is the guy who covers my patrol when I am not on.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,591
    edited December 2018
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Dude was being conscience, he knew I was out of town.

I know just busting on you

Still common sense should say that's not a good idea to drop over a fence
    he's a good dude, not like the brown clown lol
    I wish i could say I am surprised. I think nearly 30-40% of the electronics i get on ebay arrived damaged. Shipping costs are so high and they dont take care of stuff still
    It seems to be ok, there is a scratch in the finish that I don't see in the pictures. I am surprised it is working. The drop was more like seven feet. Half mass times velocity squared!
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 6,673
    edited December 2018
    So does it pack a wallop Bruce? Impressions? Review?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
    edited December 2018
    @gudnoyez Steve, I haven't had the time to dial it in let alone evaluate it. It does seem to be a giant disguised as a lunch box though lol. It appears that they have stopped making them, they seem like a great solution for lack of space or aesthetics, you could hide a bunch of them easily.
    The magnet and motor is the same in the 8” as the 12”. 1000 real watts
    I got it set but it's small and localized. I need two or four lol. It does it job.
    In that case you have it in the wrong spot.