Enclosures for RC80i speakers?

PanoptechPanoptech Posts: 1
edited December 2018 in Speakers
Hey all, first post here and I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, which is admittedly and odd request. I intended to put 4 rc80i speakers into the ceiling of a neighboring business once the remodel was finished. I already purchased the speakers and when I got there this week, they had decided (don't ask me why) to paint the open joists and ceiling black instead of putting up a ceiling. So here's my question:

The rc80i speakers are, from what I understand, made for an infinite baffle type of scenario, but I was wondering if I simply made a 24"x48"x6" box with tons of batting for each speaker if I could achieve a sound that would not be muddy or dull.

Given, the quality of the sound is not paramount here, it's background music for an office and maybe a little more than that for Christmas parties or something similar, but I'm trying to make a good choice for them here. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,873
    I don't see why not. Try it with no batting first, then add as/if needed.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic