Little Vinyl setup for the gf

Options
I put together a cheap yet surprisingly bice sounding vinyl setup for my GF for Christmas. She loves it! It’s not ideal by any stretch, I’d love to have the speakers upright but doesn’t work with the tv height. The speakers are really pretty cool with a built in phono amp. Just figured I would share as I try to bring another into the community!

s91m6ovdcd4x.jpeg
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Looks great, and functional. Does the TV sound run through the speakers too?
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    Looks good Zach nice are those Audio Engine A2's?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,185
    Options
    The speakers are Kanto YU4’s and yes the tv is run through the speakers currently via an optical input. Very versatile speakers, the Soundbar/sub will probably disappear now that these speakers can do it all

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • stangman67
    Options
    The tt is a Music Hall MMF2.2 via music directs 12 days of Christmas sale. 225 is a steal for this tt competitively to other similarity proved units. Project aluminum arm, Ortofon made MH branded Magic 2 cartridge

032elecs9xok.jpeg

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,428
    Options
    Cool little setup! Always fun building for others.

I get a little chuckle whenever one of us talks about putting a system together for someone else. You guys all know damn well, in most cases, we're getting more out of it than they are B) Pretty sure the girls know it, too, but they just humor us.

Maybe throw a set of monitor isolation pads beneath, next? These things worked great for a desktop setup I use. No more vibes on the desk, and better imaging.
    https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Addicted-Isolation-Monitors-Acoustic/dp/B0757LTZJJ
    I disabled signatures.
  • stangman67
    Options
    She actually asked for it, she bought me a few records for Christmas and mentioned on multiple occasions how nice it would be to be able to listen to records when I move next month so I obliged. I certainly get some kick out of it too of course :smiley:

Thanks for the suggestions on the pads. I want to first figure out how to get the monitors stood up. I think I can take some height off the stand to make this happen

• Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,518
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    The speakers are Kanto YU4’s and yes the tv is run through the speakers currently via an optical input. Very versatile speakers, the Soundbar/sub will probably disappear now that these speakers can do it all

Since you may get rid of the sound bar, consider moving the speakers to the bottom. They seem like they could stand upright and could look more asthetifally pleasing.

Yes, but now you've really degraded the sound. Way too low and enclosed.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • stangman67
    Options
    I thought about putting them below but I too am afraid the speakers being that low will sound much worse than they do now. IMO for what this is, it sounds great. It’s an easy listening system that is mainly just for relaxing music. I want to get the speakers upright mostly for aesthetic reasons

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,428
    Options
    nothing to say you can't flip them up for now while listening to music, until you figure something out.
    I disabled signatures.