Vintage Yamaha Finally Home

kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
edited December 2018 in The Clubhouse
It only took me 2 months to back up to Roswell to pick it up, but anyone familiar with the northern Atlanta burbs will understand the hassle. Modular Electronics in Roswell got her up and running. The owner Benny seems like a stand up guy and does good work. Plus, he sells a bit also. He had a McIntosh Integrated I considered but my wallet knew better...
uyy9a3kqd0o0.jpeg

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited December 2018
    Nice. Those are 5JR+? Stock?

How do they sound with the vintage Yamaha?

Always curious to hear owners' impressions on those. I've always had pleasantly surprising fat, smooth sound with vintage gear and speakers that can sound not-quite-as-nice when used with modern equipment.
    I disabled signatures.
  • kevhed72
    Yup...the speakers are stock but at some point I want to upgrade the tweeters and maybe crossovers. There is an Auralic Aries mini on top of the speaker and the echo dot is for family. The whole setup is a compromise for space and livability. There are pair of the big Polk Atrium speakers for the deck run of the 2nd set of inputs.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    edited December 2018
    hey, it's a CA-610II :)

"Monitor Series" Polks love Yamaha of their era, and vice versa.
  • kevhed72 wrote: »
    It only took me 2 months to back up to Roswell to pick it up, but anyone familiar with the northern Atlanta burbs will understand the hassle.

I do understand. Drove through Atlanta once. It was some of the worst 17 1/2 hours of my life.

Nice integrated. I'm a bit of a vintage Yamaha fan myself.
  • kevhed72
    So far its pretty nice for classical listening...it actually keep me away from the first half of a very good football game last night. I have some nicer AQ speaker cable to put together which should show a bit of improvement.