Why won’t customer service get back to me?

Musoguy
Musoguy Posts: 9
edited December 2018 in Customer Service
Hi folks. Hoping someone can shed some insight or help in some way! I ordered a set of surround sound speakers almost 2 weeks ago online. When I go to my order it says they are processing it. They took the money at the time the order was placed and my stuff still hasn’t shipped. I have left a support ticket online asking what is happening. I’ve added 2 follow ups to it in the past 2 weeks and have had no replies. I called customer service and you are told to leave your name and number and someone will be back to you within 24 hours. That was a week ago. No call back. I even called yesterday I spoke to the tech department to at least talk to someone. They told me they couldn’t help me or put me through to customer service. They took my name and number and said they would pass it on and someone would get back to me today. Which they didn’t. I just don’t know what is going on! I’ve been polite in every communication, I just want to know where the stuff I paid for is. I am considering calling their parent company in CA tomorrow to see if they can help. Honestly, it is the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Has anyone else had this issue? I’ve never dealt with Polk before. And does anyone have any idea how I can have someone from the company deal with this and not ignore me! Any help or advice would be so appreciated, I’m at the end of my rope here!

Comments

• Yeah that’s not typical. I know it’s the busiest time of year, but I agree it’s unacceptable.

@KennethSwauger

Ken is pretty pretty good about getting this type of stuff to the right folks.

I’m 100% sure it’ll get corrected.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Hello,
    I'm sorry there's a problem. I know this time of year can be very busy for a company. I'll ask a friend, at Polk, to contact you via email.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Yikes. Very disappointing to hear about them treating a paying customer this way.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    No excuse for that kind of treatment to a customer considering he contacted them several times. One time I can understand especially this time of year, but several contacts I can't.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Thanks guys, nice to know I’m not going crazy being annoyed about this! Thank you @KennethSwauger I appreciate it. At this point I don’t care where my stuff is (well I do, but you know what I mean!) I just want someone to contact me about it!
  • I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.
  • @KennethSwauger, they got in touch. And are sending out the equipment on Monday. I asked for them to send it expedited shipping and they agreed. I’ll believe it when I see it on Monday, but thank you for getting them to finally answer me, I very much appreciate it.
  • I'm glad they were able to help.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Musoguy wrote: »
    I asked for them to send it expedited shipping and they agreed.
    They owe you that. Good luck!
    So, what did you order??
  • A T30, pair of T50s, pair of T15s, and the PSW 108 subwoofer. To go with the Sony STRDN 7.1 Amp and Onkyo Atmos speakers I bought on the same day and arrived a couple of weeks back. It will be nice to actually be able to set it all up! It’s my first system that I didn’t buy in a box so I’m excited to hear it in action!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I think you’ll be blown away. Congrats!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • rooftop59 wrote: »
    I think you’ll be blown away. Congrats!
    Thanks!

• polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Post again once you get all set up and let us know what you think. Then we can start
    helping you spend the rest of your money. ;)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Musoguy
    Musoguy Posts: 9
    edited December 2018
    Lol! Thanks! However after the customer service person who got in touch told me that my order would be shipped today, it hasn’t been. The order still says “processing” on their website which is what it has now said the past two and a half weeks that they have had my money. I just sent them an email again. I am so fed up. I can tell you that I won’t be purchasing from Polk again no matter how good the speakers are IF I ever get them. The whole thing is just unreal.
  • Clipdat
    edited December 2018
    I seriously can't believe that they didn't ship out today. That is completely inexcusable.

How do they expect to stay in business if this is how they treat paying customers? They should've gotten that shipped out next day air today and maybe even given you a partial refund for your trouble. I am so sorry that their customer service seems to have taken a serious nose drive lately.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    I had an order that still said processing after it had been shipped, so you have hope yet!

But still, I agree, CS has slipped quite a bit...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Clipdat
    Haha, my post was effectively edited from "The Shining" into "Bambi". Geez.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Welcome gentlemen, to the world of 1984....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    Bambi?!? Yeah, Bambi came out of the forest, this guy was going about 60... WHAMMO! Radiator, grille, gone.

In all seriousness to the OP, stick around anyway. It's not the fault of the Forum, and especially not @KennethSwauger , that you've had this experience. It'll get fixed sooner or later, but the people here are worth coming back for.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Here's Johnny!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hello,
    I'll try and find out the status.
  • Hi guys, no you folks have been awesome! I did hear back and the stuff had shipped I got most of it today with the center speaker arriving tomorrow. Of course I then ran out of speaker wire because I underestimated how much I’d need so have to wait a couple more days for another 50 foot to show up! At this point, I can cope! :)
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Good for you M.

Hope the whole system knocks yer socks off..