StubHub Advice Sought....

kevhed72
kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
edited December 2018 in The Clubhouse
I am in the process of looking for 4 tickets to see Michigan play in the Peach Bowl. Any tips, tricks, or experiences using StubHub to buy tickets to a sporting event?
Such as....'I waited until the day before the game and they slashed available tic prices to sell everything'....I live right outside ATL so waiting for a deal is not an issue....

Comments

• Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    The only experience I had with it, was when a friend and I went to the Ohio State/Nebraska game. He bought three tickets, and one was for another friend who backed out a few days before the game.

He couldn't give it away because it was a single ticket. All the two and four seat tickets around us, sold very well. Just from watching what was happening on that sale, I would think you will have a very hard time finding 4 seats together if you wait.

Oh, yeah, btw, O-H.... :)
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    I thought I'd try the ol' "wait until the day of the game and ticket prices will be slashed." Didn't work. Even an hour before the game tickets were the same or higher. This was for a run of the mill, weekday Mets game a few years back.

I've got no tips or tricks, but I've never had any issues using StubHub and I've bought tickets to several sporting events.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • I-O
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • dr1978
    dr1978 Posts: 424
    Considering it's the third time that these teams have met in the last three years, and there is no intriguing national story line (or local to Atlanta interest that I know of) I'd have to imagine that tickets will not be selling that well. Scalpers will try to get the most that they can out of them, but I'm sure prices will steadily fall on Stubhub if you wait. No real reason to jump now considering how quick and easy it is to buy online.

That said, if you're the adventurous sort, you could probably get a great deal if you buy them outside the stadium on gameday. Obvious risk involved, and it's always nice being able to relax at the tailgate with tickets in hand, but I'd imagine they'll be dirt cheap.

Go Blue!!
    Pro-ject 2 Experience SB, OPPO BDP-103, Marantz SR5011, Lounge LCR MKIII, McCormack DNA-HT5, Polk LSiM705, Polk LSiM706C, Polk LSiM702, SVS SB16-Ultra
  • kevhed72 wrote: »
    I am in the process of looking for 4 tickets to see Michigan play in the Peach Bowl. Any tips, tricks, or experiences using StubHub to buy tickets to a sporting event?
    Such as....'I waited until the day before the game and they slashed available tic prices to sell everything'....I live right outside ATL so waiting for a deal is not an issue....

Michigan is going to a bowl game? Really? As an Ohio State grad, I had to bust on you a little bit. But seriously, I'm hoping they play well and trounce the Gators! I always root for the Big Ten teams. Enjoy the game. Go Blue!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    kevhed72 wrote: »

Yep, download the mobile app, go to the event, and in the hours before, you'll see people dumping their tickets. Try checking some of the earlier bowl games, and you'll see. Or, try checking some of the NFL games this coming weekend. You'll see the prices drop.

Still, I'm baffled why some tickets are still listed around face value, even as the event starts. That's money they'll never get back.
  • Jimbo18
    I think it's going to be very difficult to find 4 seats together if you wait till tickets are being dumped at game time.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I think it's going to be very difficult to find 4 seats together if you wait till tickets are being dumped at game time.

It's a game. The day before, you look for 4 together and see how many options there are. Check hourly to gauge how fast they're moving. Yeah, just don't try and hold out for the last set.
    Also, buy two pairs in the same section and chances are, there will be some empty seats nearby.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    No real tips, just keep watching and be ready to jump. I've used Stubhub, Vivid and Seakgeek. I usually look at Seetgeek first as they have a button that lets you see the prices with and without fees.

I sometimes buy lesser quality seats at good prices and then trade around outside the venue to upgrade my seats, but, can be tricky. I don't mind doing the haggling where as some folks want no part of it.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    The only experience I had with it, was when a friend and I went to the Ohio State/Nebraska game. :) He bought three tickets, and one was for another friend who backed out a few days before the game.

He couldn't give it away because it was a single ticket. All the two and four seat tickets around us, sold very well. Just from watching what was happening on that sale, I would think you will have a very hard time finding 4 seats together if you wait.

Sept. 28th 2019 Ohio St. vs. Nebraska in Lincoln. Get tickets, we'll show you a good time in Lincoln. Too bad we lost this year, but we played much better than before. Too bad Urban Meyer is retiring. :)
  • Jimbo18
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    The only experience I had with it, was when a friend and I went to the Ohio State/Nebraska game. :) He bought three tickets, and one was for another friend who backed out a few days before the game.

Sept. 28th 2019 Ohio St. vs. Nebraska in Lincoln. Get tickets, we'll show you a good time in Lincoln. Too bad we lost this year, but we played much better than before. Too bad Urban Meyer is retiring. :)

It was a good game. Didn't help OSU's chances at a playoff spot that Nebraska hung with them so long.