Anybody used Hopsy?

stangman67
stangman67 Posts: 2,179
edited December 2018 in The Clubhouse
Hey guys,

Wanted to see if anyone else has bit the bullet and bought a Hopsy subscription? I purchased it on Black Friday sale and basically only had to pay for the beer and got the Krups sub for free. So far so good, had it two weeks and have drank through 4 subs of different craft beers and have been very impressed. It’s certaibly not any cheaper than buying at the store (actually probably more expensive) but the experience has been very good. k65bt7bzj3dh.jpeg
2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
Post edited by stangman67 on

Comments

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    I went with a Pico Brew system. Great selection of beers to brew.
  • stangman67
    Looks like a cool little system. Little bit of a different target audience but craft beer at home nonetheless

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    Hmmm; how long does the beer stay fresh? I'm guessing not too long without CO2?
  • stangman67
    The subs are pressurized and the unit has it’s own compressor that pumps in air to keep the beer fresh. I’ve only had a sub in there for a week max before I kill it and it’s always been carbonated and delicious. It’s 6ish beers per sub so the beer should never be sitting for that long beforehand it’s time to replace

• Looks like a cool idea! I end up just brewing my own and throwing it into a half keg system. It's cheaper but more labor intensive and can't quite fit it on the counter. :p
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Never heard of it!
    Works out to just about a 6-pack for $16 which pretty much on par with the going rate for craft.

Now I'm interested...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • stangman67
    I have a discount code that gets you the machine for free and then you just pay for the beer. I think it requires a 3 month subscription at 60ish a month for 4 of the subs. Let me know if you (or anyone else) wants it. I absolutely love mine

• stangman67
    The big thing is it is not available in all states due to alcohol shipping restrictions. So you’d have to make sure it is available in your state