What would yooz think if a vendor told you

That they can't delay a shipment because "we have to ship it ASAP"?

Comments

• Is it something that they had already charged you for and you requested them to hold it?
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    edited December 2018
    How long of a delay ? A request for "Hey, can you hold off shipping until next 4th of July, I want to surprise Grandma at the family picnic" kind of turns into a layaway plan.

A week or two would seem reasonable if you'd be willing to accept a reasonable charge if the order is cancelled withing that time.
    Sal Palooza
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Is it something that they had already charged you for and you requested them to hold it?

Not sure if they charged me at that point but they told me that it had not shipped
  • afterburnt
    How long of a delay ? A request for "Hey, can you hold off shipping until next 4th of July, I want to surprise Grandma at the family picnic" kind of turns into a layaway plan.

A week or two would seem reasonable if you'd be willing to accept a reasonable charge if the order is cancelled withing that time.

Heck the request was for three or four days
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    afterburnt wrote: »

Heck the request was for three or four days

Not out of line at all.
  • afterburnt
    @pitdogg2 I got the feeling they were just trying to rush it before I went somewhere else for something that is readily available from many sources. It's an Amazon storefront and I got directed there by using the "Honey app". Anyway, beware when you try to save a buck. Most of the vendors I have dealt with would have accommodated my request no problem.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    I know the Amazon fulfillment services that use Amazon warehouse, it is an automated system... You literally have like 2 hours to cancel or it ships. You can only return once it arrives.

Parts express is the same way
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • afterburnt
    @VR3 they were timely in their response therefore, they did have time to work with me. Unfortunately, the delivery may sit on my porch for a week. Like it won't get ripped off.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Don’t you have a neighbor that could check your porch for you? Wait, let’s start with do you know somebody that lives near by that likes or at least can put up with you that can check for the delivery?
  • afterburnt
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Don’t you have a neighbor that could check your porch for you? Wait, let’s start with do you know somebody that lives near by that likes or at least can put up with you that can check for the delivery?

Nope, therein lies the rub.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    UPS and FedEx both have services that hold packages or you can set up a vacation hold I think.
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I think yooz have a problem.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Bruce, you can put a hold on all USPS deliveries. With UPS and FedEx you can have the delivery held at one of their local offices.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    edited December 2018
    Zoomed str8 2 da btm and said... that they have problems I don't want to be involved with...maybe.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    F1nut wrote: »
    Bruce, you can put a hold on all USPS deliveries. With UPS and FedEx you can have the delivery held at one of their local offices.
    Also w FedEx you can send your delivery to a local Walgreens which is super convenient if porch pirates are a concern. I used it with a pricey streamer and it worked great!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Is it a perishable item ? If not....just wait to order it so it coincides with the date you want it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    @tonyb I made the mistake of not considering the transit time when I changed from Prime which would have delivered on Monday. I have saved a bit here and there with that Honey app, but it has given me a couple of bum steers.
  • pitdogg2
    You'd be better off with lambs Bruce, their kicks do not hurt as bad :#
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Heard you were a sheep guy, Ivan. :)
  • afterburnt

I aint no freak, I will stick to grown sheep thank you very much!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Ewe guys are sic... :*
  • afterburnt
    Thanks for the advice folks. I had my delivery sent to Wallgreens. I hope they enjoy it!
  • pitdogg2
    daboyz wrote: »

Heard you were a sheep guy, Ivan. :)

baaaaa maybe