Tyler Acoustics “Taylo” Reference speakers

I will give a Polk member price. $2700 new. These are listed on Audiogon if you want pics and details. Can include a Velodyne Minivee 8” 1000 watt sub as well.

Comments

• dbryantdbryant Posts: 518
    Trades welcome- pre-pro, amp, receiver
    tqw3y2gsgwbm.jpeg
    jcoeueqbaolp.jpeg
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 22,814
    What do the green dots do?
    - Not Tom

Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 12,602
    Daughter got a bedazzle kit, no charge for the bling :D :D :D

Yes I am curious as well.
  • Mr. SharpeMr. Sharpe Posts: 1,207
    Cut down on cone vibration:)
    2 Channel
    Marantz UD-7007 Cd Player
    Parasound Halo P5 Preamplifier
    Ethereal ESO-1 DIY power conditioner
    Parasound HCA-1500A Power Amplifier
    Polk Audio RTA-12c's

5 channel
    Westinghouse 43" LED smart
    Marantz UD-7007 Blu-Ray player
    Klipsch RB-41 Front and surrounds
    Klipsch RC-10
    Polk audio PSW-505
    bksq6d4ukb6y.jpeg
    xyy7lyqqtg9b.jpeg
    65t4xb8qmaj9.jpeg
    They are tuning dots. Do they work? Who knows
  • DabutcherDabutcher Posts: 1,924
    Those are beautiful. Polky price? And location please. GLWYS. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Mitsubishi rear projection 73, PS4, PSW505 , Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, RTi12, FXiA6, CSiA6, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05

“Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
    $625 Polk price. In Maine
    From my research it seems the average price is around $9-950 not including shipping. They are fantastic, but I really dont have a spot for them. I can use an amp and my Denon 4311 just lost the hdmi board so....
    Taylo series is fantastic... Can't go wrong
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    This is the worgpde6fxabrx.png
    o
    This is the woofer used.
  • Just sent you a PM to arrange for purchase.

Thanks!
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 5,155
    Of course it’s up to you as the seller @dbryant, but many of us old timers reserve the polkie price for active members who have been around a while. This both rewards members of the community, but perhaps more importantly for you, it offers you some level of confidence that you will have a trouble free transaction because both you are other members of the forum have some level of knowledge and interaction with the buyer.

Me personally, I make newbies and fly bys go through eBay or audiogon, but even then there are a lot of knuckleheads you have to deal with 😂...

Just my two cents. But it’s you sale, Do as you wish!
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; B&K TX4430; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP; NVidia ShieldTV
    ;
    Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Parasound HCA-1000A, PSB Imagine B, NHT Super One CI surrounds, Martin Logan Dynamo (original), Squeezebox Touch
  • cjtalbotcjtalbot Posts: 4
    edited December 2018
    I have 100% perfect feedback on ebay, audiogon and usaudiomart. Original poster can IM for the links and I'll send right away.
  • And for the record, I joined this board in June of 2004. I don't post much on any boards, but I do like to read most of the boards and have done so for a long time now.
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,604
    This is one speaker I should never have sold. Still waiting for @JuanR to grow tired of them and sell them back LOL.

Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

dbryant wrote: »
    This is the worgpde6fxabrx.png
    o

Are you sure? I'm not saying it isn't but to be fair some companies will not use an off the shelf driver. It will look the same but they will ask the driver manufacture to tweak it to fit their parameters for the XO or cabinet size and X-max.
    cjtalbot wrote: »
    And for the record, I joined this board in June of 2004. I don't post much on any boards, but I do like to read most of the boards and have done so for a long time now.

So then what is Russ's name? ;)
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 10,192
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    cjtalbot wrote: »
    And for the record, I joined this board in June of 2004. I don't post much on any boards, but I do like to read most of the boards and have done so for a long time now.

So then what is Russ's name? ;)

$48!
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 4,604
    @pitdogg2 @VR3 knows a bit about the Tylers. He might be able to answer your question.
    Lumin D1,Wireworld Silver Eclipse, KEF LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9,
    USB helper: w4s Recovery
    Living Room Teac AI-3000, LSI25, SDA 3.1TL, Grant Fidelity Tube Dac 11
    Have but haven't used in a while: LH Labs VI Dac, Cayin SCD50T

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 15,471
    edited December 2018
    I have no doubt the drivers for Tyler are straight from the shelf drivers like the one above. Knowing a little about their building process from one or two guys here, there is little doubt an investment would have been made to produce product-specific drivers like some of the bigger guys do.

The above does NOT take away from the fact that those Seas drivers are world-class and the basic building block for making a wonderful speaker.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    edited December 2018
    The taylo series uses.....

Scanspeak revelator tweeter, which is incredible

The seas excel midbass, equally incredible. They use about 500 plus in drivers per speaker.

Point to point crossovers, decent parts mixed with standard. Easy to mod

The decade series is actually proprietary drivers developed with Dannie Ritchie, no comment on their performance.
    - Not Tom

No doubt seas and scanspeak are grade A. I'm just surprised is all. I remember when you could buy Dynaudio raw drivers and build a serious set of speakers.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,804
    Best of show.....I forgot the year.....same daggum speakers. Heavy hitter Polkies at Carverfest.

Quit the diatribe and just buy them. If the upstream is good, the end result will be better. MP3 need not apply. Good night folks.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,804
    VR3 wrote: »
    The decade series is actually proprietary drivers developed with Dannie Ritchie, no comment on their performance.
    They perform like a Democrat. 'Nuff said.

Tom

In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 2,624
    Erniejade, I sent you a PM. I've got a pair that's been sitting for about 2 years now. Can be had very reasonably.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Man these sold but kharp1 that is very poor etiquette....
    Dont sell your pair on my thread, lol 😂