Wafflehouse Christmas

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I've spent a lot of hours a waffle House in Mathews NC.. Only ate once or twice but had many a cup of coffee talking business with the boss and other co-workers. I did receive a present there from a co-worker just before Christmas one year or more.

My little sister worked for a couple years in one in Fredericksburg VA. too. She liked how there were so many regulars and she knew what they ate and how they liked their coffee. :D

My sister has all of her teeth too as well as the employees of that Mathews WH also. :D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aiconn
    aiconn Posts: 277
    Awwwww the Aweful Waffle! Spent many a weekend 5AM there after closing a club down in my younger years. They're all built around bars/clubs here so you don't get a DWI trying to get something to eat. Usually ended up with one of us being scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked!
    PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/Preamp
    Denon DVD 2910
    Quad 12L Active Monitors
    Marin Logan Dynamo 700W
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I always forgot that 4th action. :D CHUNKED :D:D:D:D
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,931
    You guys know about the Wafflehouse Index for natural disasters, yes?
    This is from a segment on Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me featuring then FEMA director Craig Fugate.

https://www.npr.org/2016/05/28/479717223/not-my-job-we-quiz-craig-fugate-head-of-fema-on-zima
    ROXANNE ROBERTS: I - this is Roxanne. I have a question for you. Do you travel - do you go to a lot of these various sites?

FUGATE: Yeah, and that's generally a bad sign. If I show up, it's not good.

SAGAL: Right. You did invent something we found out called the Waffle House index.

FUGATE: Yes.

(LAUGHTER)

FUGATE: That came out of the '04 hurricanes.

SAGAL: Could you tell us what the Waffle House index is?

FUGATE: Sure. If the Waffle House is open, everything's good. If the Waffle House is open...

(LAUGHTER, APPLAUSE)

LUKE BURBANK: Heck of a job, Fugey (ph)...

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: No, I read about this, an article that basically the theory is, like, Waffle Houses are the cockroaches of the restaurant industry. They cannot be killed.

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: So the first thing that happened...

FUGATE: They are open most of the time. And that was the index. If a Waffle House is closed because there's a disaster, it's bad. We call it red. If they're open but have a limited menu, that's yellow...

(LAUGHTER)

SAGAL: All right, all right, and if they have regular menu, you just - it's everything's fine.

FUGATE: If they're green, we're good, keep going. You haven't found the have bad stuff yet.