Anyone ever own one of these

7aqntgpf97dk.jpg

Yea, yea I know I'm old but been wanting something like this to ride in the woods.

Just curious if anyone has rode or owned something like it?

Comments

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    m0mp31l7681a.jpg

Or this one.

First one is a Kandi 200cc batman
    This one is a Powersportsmax GK-M12
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    My uncle built them way back when. Not those exact ones. He had 2 and I was too young to drive but my dad would take my brother and I along for rides and they were lots of fun.
  • oldrocker
    Cool.

Being 6'6" about 225 makes it tough to fit on. Besides, about all I can find are 2 seat rides

A friend works at a place with some single seat rides, a raptor or razor something but to the tune of about16K

NO WAY I'm spending that on something to play in the mud.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Where do the speakers mount in that thing
  • oldrocker
    I'd rig something up.

Here's a link to the one where my friend works it's a 2019 model.

He keeps telling me to come take to test ride.

110 HP, 999cc says it will go 90+mph. I'm old and dumb but not that dumb :D

https://www.tomsmarinesales.com/inventory/2019-polaris-industries-1000xp-crawfordsville-in-47933-2536732i
  • Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    The less expensive ones are usually more cheaply made. Check out materials used, frame/tube sizes, welds, etc. SxS usually get beat on pretty good, so you want one that will withstand the harsh treatment for more than one season. Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, more expensive but they will last.
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • oldrocker
    Derf wrote: »
    The less expensive ones are usually more cheaply made. Check out materials used, frame/tube sizes, welds, etc. SxS usually get beat on pretty good, so you want one that will withstand the harsh treatment for more than one season. Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, more expensive but they will last.

Yep, you are correct on that.

First 2 are probably made with the absolute cheapest materials known to man.

Although a 2 seater, I'm kinda leaning toward the white one as we wouldn't abuse it too much.

Wife suggested a golf cart BORING... :D and some of those are really stupid prices.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    We rented 4x4s in Glacier National Park, and also in Yellowstone. They are a TON of fun. Although be warned, if you live in a dusty area, you will be coated with an 1/8" of dust. :) All part of the fun.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I had a Ford Maverick once upon a time, same thing isn't it ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • oldrocker
    Way back in the day, a buddy of mine had one with a 302 in it.

She was modded a bit.

Still didn't win a lot of races but had lots of fun all the same B)
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited December 2018
    tonyb wrote: »

At least you didn't have a Pinto!! You might not even be here with us today! :o

In my grad school days, I knew someone who had one with a bumper sticker on it that said
    I'm a Pinto Bomb!

:|

• mhardy6647
    edited December 2018
    I kinda want one of these...

7i0snm8wjvmd.png

Kinda.

• oldrocker
    My sister had a baby blue pinto once.

Didn't have it very long as Dad traded it for a VW bug, that thing ran forever and actually went through a corn field once maybe twice, Dad was not happy... :D
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

At least you didn't have a Pinto!! You might not even be here with us today! :o

In my grad school days, I knew someone who had one with a bumper sticker on it that said
    I'm a Pinto Bomb!
    I immediately remembered this from Top Secret!

https://youtu.be/-9GGDOUDLhc

So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    I was going to suggest getting a VW bug.
    We used to go 2-trackin' up in MI...
    oldrocker wrote: »

Didn't have it very long as Dad traded it for a VW bug, that thing ran forever and actually went through a corn field once maybe twice, Dad was not happy... :D

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mhardy6647
    My mechanic was selling a '72 Beetle (his wife's) in pretty good condition overall (and very good running order) for $4k this fall. I was soooo tempted.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    oldrocker wrote: »

The flat bottoms on the VW's actually turned them into great sleds in the winter just add chains and off you go.
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    My mechanic was selling a '72 Beetle (his wife's) in pretty good condition overall (and very good running order) for $4k this fall. I was soooo tempted.

I kind of like how this reformatted sentence plays out:

"My mechanic was selling a '72 Beetle. his wife's in pretty good condition overall and very good running order for $4k this fall."

Sal Palooza
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,493
    ^^^^ that is why you are not in charge of auto-correct :#
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears