Skyrim VR

voltz
voltz Posts: 5,384
I got to play Skyrim in VR using a HTC-VIVE headset. WOW there is nothing like having a giant walk by you in VR or a dragon landing besides you :p Archery is they way to go in VR!

Need a fast PC with maybe a 1080 video card or better.
2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    You should try a racing game with it.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Nice Darryl, where did you get to play it? I've been playing through the original Skyrim since I've never played it and I'm at about 90 hours right now.
  • voltz
    I played it over a friends house...I have seen some things on it that if you suffer from a fear of heights can make you lose it :p

once my but hit the floor when my legs gave out when looking over the edge in 3d at
    machu picchu! the secret is to look down I guess... could not watch this rollercoster ride.

I play over 500+ hours of Skyrim on the PC along with Fallot 3 and 4 ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    I didn't realize you were such a PC gamer!

I've only got 30hrs on Fallout 3 (it was OK), and 80 hours on Fallout: New Vegas (I liked this one more).
  • voltz
    Drew
    I have been gaming since the pong games LOL then the Atari 2600 and then the Intellvision and then I bought a Commodore 64 ..then the Commodore Amiga...when the PC came out with the 386-40 I got into PC flight sims ...then ran my own private server for years for those at Cessna who wanted to game after work...we play Battlefield 1942 then Unreal tournament and then unreal tourney 2004 ...and several other before everyone drifted apart

...I flew with the Dog's of War for years on Air warrior then Warbirds and go to the flight sim convention in Dallas. Dale & Doug and still running a flight sim called Aces High from Dallas :) Made t-Shirts for our Squadron who had 2 brothers flying from Korea and 2 sisters from Japan was awesome times for gaming...

Now I just play single player games like Skyrim and Fallout etc..!

• web_traveler
    web_traveler Posts: 8
    edited March 2019
    Why dont try to play as a mage or thief, I found such experience is also unique via VR :relaxed:

You should definitely try a soccer simulator!
  • Skyrim VR is awesome! It's almost a different game from the original because of the immersion you get from VR.

I took the plunge on a Rift S a few months ago and don't regret it one bit. I wanted to get one just in case it went the way of 3-D TVs...

P.S. Don't do a rollercoaster VR sim until you are REALLY adept at VR. Not recommended! I'm not sure about driving games.
  • voltz
    Why dont try to play as a mage or thief, I found such experience is also unique via VR :relaxed:

You should definitely try a soccer simulator!

that is so tough to do, but I know it can be done!
    thanks for your thought! after all the hours I spent I think maybe it worth trying a different character or specialty ;)

• voltz
    audio_alan wrote: »
    Skyrim VR is awesome! It's almost a different game from the original because of the immersion you get from VR.

I took the plunge on a Rift S a few months ago and don't regret it one bit. I wanted to get one just in case it went the way of 3-D TVs...

P.S. Don't do a rollercoaster VR sim until you are REALLY adept at VR. Not recommended! I'm not sure about driving games.

I did try some things like Pichu Pichu using something that doesnt work anymore and my fear of heights scare me so bad i lost my legs and my but hit the floor LOL I use to not fear heaights but at my old age of 58 i now can't handle it LOL!

• Maybe you should only VR sitting down, Voltz. :D
  • voltz
    LOL your are so correct :) in fact a couple of times I had my but hit the floor when my legs got weak :p

• Skyrim? It's old stuff. I want Portal 2 with VR, LOL