Makes no sense

I really don’t understand why this is happening.

I live in a small subdivision, that has a grand total of two streets. Let’s call the one that you turn into the subdivision A Street and the other B street. If you come up A Street and want to turn onto B Street, there are 3 homes left on A Street. Real simple lay out.

In the past two weeks, I’ve come home to find packages from 4 other addresses at my home, and have had two packages not delivered. I’ve taken the packages to addressed to others, and handed them to the rightful owners. Between packages and mail, this crap happens about 4 or 5 times a month, on average.

One of my missing packages was replaced by the company I bought the item from, and arrived after dark today. The other missing package was supposed to have been delivered this morning, and I was home at the delivery time, according to the tracking info.

As part of my job, the map app on my phone has the ever popular blue and red dot. If these two line up, and the correct address has been entered, you are more than likely at the right place. My address is also displayed in 3 inch numbers facing the street I live on.

Why is it so difficult for these people to find the correct place to deliver the packages. There is only one street in the city where I live with my street name. The house number is there. The red and blue dots line up on the street and in my drive way.

I would think if somebody is going to be delivering people’s stuff, they would at the very least understand how to get to the correct address. Unless there is such a thing as some form of the PFB triangle that I’m experiencing, I’m at a loss for any kind of explanation.
I might understand if it was just one delivery service, but this covers the big three.

I don’t ever remember hearing of or experiencing this many problems with getting something delivered to the right place. This area was even kicked out of a city and switched to a new city with almost zero issues, and that was 15 years ago. We were still using actual paper maps then!

Anybody have any clue, other than an over abundance of morons have recently entered the work force?

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    So far, knock on wood, I have had no issues with deliveries for at least 10 years. I order virtually everything online, usually from Amazon, and it arrives okay.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Last sentence is a summary of everything prior.

That about sums it up, lol. It's that time of year bro, the big 3 hire just for the season so you may not get the most experienced guy on your route.

The other day I was standing in the garage having a smoke, and an Amazon dude in the white van came down the street. I watched him make 3 stops, and every stop he literally threw the packages from roughly 10 feet away at the front stoops.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    During the last holiday season, a dopey subcontractor dumped packages from Amazon for four other homes on my doorstep. I think he thought he met his quota. Wrong.

It's the white van deliveries I have a problem with. USPS, FedEx, and UPS are excellent where I live, but FedEx and UPS hardly make residential deliveries anymore around here.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    I blame the pot
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    That's why the entrepreneurs of the world are racing to market AI solutions to our all-organic stupidity ;)

I know that up here even the black helicopters'll have trouble finding our our address -- so sometimes I even take off my tinfoil beanie for short periods of time.

:|
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Had the amazon variety show up yesterday with an LP delivery. I saw him coming so I opened the door right when he was throwing it down from 6 feet away to my wet front door stoop. “Oh sorry man” he exclaimed and picked it up. Handed it to me all wet. Dopes.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    I got a package the other day stuffed in a snowbank on the other side of the fence instead of opening the gate and placing it on the deck. Typical UPS.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    So I leave to run errands around 930 this morning. Get home around noon, and see a package on my porch. Not the one that didn’t get delivered yesterday, but one for a neighbor. Guessing this went to the wrong address and the person who lives there was honors enough to try to get it to the correct house.

Either that or I have left reality, and now live in some cartoon that offers Sunday deliveries.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Either that or I have left reality, and now live in some cartoon that offers Sunday deliveries.
    USPS has been delivering packages around here on Sundays for quite a while now.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I often wonder we still design provisions for a spare tire in our vehicles! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mdaudioguy
    verb wrote: »
    I often wonder we still design provisions for a spare tire in our vehicles! :smile:

Neither of our cars has a spare...
  • verb
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Well I imagine your Limo driver takes care of it! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Well I imagine your Limo driver takes care of it! :smile:

Yeah... Our cars came with a "tire mobility kit", aka fix-a-flat. In real life use, it's 0 for 1, which makes it good that we have decent emergency road service coverage. Honestly, I'd prefer to change a tire myself, but was happy that my wife didn't have the opportunity to attempt it.
    Wait, what's this thread about?? Sorry for the derail!
  • verb
    No derail my man! IMO it's about the younger generation, now entering the real world, having to work for a living, and take care of themselves. I would say, so far, they're having mixed results. :smile:
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    If some younger people didn't have their parents paying their smart phone bill, their car payments and it's insurance and taxes on it in some states, they'd be walking around with their thumbs in their mouths crying victim. Sorry. But to read that conversation about adulting is about what I'm seeing. Parents not pushing their kids out of the nests soon enough. I've seen it for 40 years or more.

Some of them are cheaters all their lives and what do they do when they get a delivery job? Of course, leave a few packages from your street on just one address and like the above person just said, hope they get disbursed by the unlucky homeowner who hopefully is honest, now has a new unpaying job to do.

I'm lucky with our deliverers so far. Some have even brought the packages to my side door for some reason.

But remember that Star Trek chess set that was quietly left at my front door?
    hlogqqopcrbk.png
    u6qf9sh40lgh.png
    Thank God the set wasn't damaged in the least bit.
    qxstqfv3htn2.png
    iamfaidci7hc.png

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • rpf65
    The people that received my package brought it to my house, and went through a lot to get it to me, at least more than most would go through.

Turns out not only was it delivered to the wrong address, but a subdivision about 5 miles from where I live. I guess it was a reasonably understandable mistake, all things considered. My street starts with the letter P, and contains one word followed by Ave. it was delivered to a street with three words, starting with the letter V, and ending with Trail.

Anyway, the people who received the package wanted to get it to me, but didn’t recognize the street, so asked people at their church. It turned out that a few people seemed to think they knew the street, but weren’t quite sure, so they suggested asking at the convienance store. Turns out somebody in the store recognized my name, and gave him directions to my home.

I was outside when the pulled into the driveway, talking to a neighbor. The wife told me the story, and I, as well as my neighbor were shocked. These people went through a lot of trouble to get this package to me.

When I thanked the for both me and the ladies who cut my hair, the wife looked confused, and said your hair dresser. I explained to them that I buy chocolates for the ladies who cut my hair for Christmas, because they’re nice people, and I just want them to know I appreciate them.

The couple were around 30, so I guess the younger generations aren’t complete basket cases. Just thought I’d share the outcome, and let everybody know that there are still honest people out there.
  • mdaudioguy
    We sometimes get some wrong mail, too, but I just get the impression that it's not entirely human error. The addresses are so far off that it's laughable. Human error usually occurs when names or numbers are similar in some way. My guess is that the carriers rely on machine sorting and barcodes and such. I doubt they spend much time looking at actual addresses. Maybe it would help them catch some of these errors, but it would also slow them down. Just a guess. Seems presumptuous to just blame it all on a younger generation.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Wow. Just wow. I am amazed by the seeming incompetence of my generation. Seems like me and most of my friends have avoided it luckily, although a few come to mind where I can say “that sounds like them.”
    I can promise you, that will not be me. :)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Twilight zone for sure man.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Maybe they're overworked too.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Micah keep up the good work. Lead by example.
  • verb
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow. I am amazed by the seeming incompetence of my generation. Seems like me and most of my friends have avoided it luckily, although a few come to mind where I can say “that sounds like them.”

Their is hope folks! With more youngsters like you, all is not lost! :smile:
  • rpf65

Incompetence isn’t limited to your generation. There are plenty of idiots, morons, and general knuckleheads of every age group out there. Just go to a Walmart parking lot, park for 15 minutes, and watch the people going in and out of that store.
  • pitdogg2

Incompetence isn’t limited to your generation. There are plenty of idiots, morons, and general knuckleheads of every age group out there. Just go to a Walmart parking lot, park for 15 minutes, and watch the people going in and out of that store.

Yep daily circus of freaks.....

Not me of course :)
  • I had @dromunds send me a karma, mailman put down that I moved and didn’t leave a forwarding address. He sent it back with the same information and it made it. Go figure.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • verb
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Yes. Not at our local Walmart, AFAIK! Our generation? :smile:
    3e5lncny0450.png
  • pitdogg2
    edited December 2018
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Yes. Not at our local Walmart, AFAIK! Our generation? :smile:
    3e5lncny0450.png

Saaweeeeeet

Baaaarrrrf
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767

Agreed, but it seems like the concentration of morons is much higher at my age.