Purchased a new Head Unit

Options
Sony XAV AX-200

Got it Saturday and installed it within an hour or so replacing a faulty Pioneer AVH X3700BHS. I was apprehensive as the last Sony I had (YEARS AGO) sounded tinny and wasn't full at all. After installation all I can say is WOW what a difference this head unit made to the synergy with my car stereo. Bass is fuller and digs deeper, the sound isn't as localized (even though I had time alignment on with the Pioneer) and just overall is much better.

Apple Car Play and Android Auto are very nice features, voice recognition works great and it has a physical volume knob (a MUST for me).

If anyone is thinking of getting a new Double Din I do want to put my hat in for this Sony. Worth every penny...oh yeah don't forget to ground the parking brake wire or else you won't be able to use Android Auto haha!
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    You can bypass the parking brake with one of these......

https://www.amazon.com/MicroBypass-Parking-Brake-Override-Bypass/dp/B005SVTMKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1540331748&sr=8-1&keywords=micro+bypass+for+sony#customerReviews

It allows you to access some of the menus and video functions that are locked out via the parking brake. It worked great on my Alpine.

I ended up just grounding the wire to the chassis of the head unit and I was good to go. I did read up on many people using that type of bypass or a rocker switch. If I get any continuous issues I may just go with that option.

Alpine was another HU line up I was looking at, how do you like yours?

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,475
    Options
    I just saw this.
    I got the Sony AX-100.
    Very impressed! It looks great and I like the volume knob.
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • codycatalist
    Options
    Yes the physical volum knob is damn near my favorite feature as dumb as it seems. Not many good double dins with a knob.