Roku Ultra

If you are a fan of Roku and haven't tried the Ultra yet, now's a good time. Half price almost everywhere so it's just under $50. I have had 5 different Roku models now and this is by far the fastest one with the best picture quality.

Includes some pretty nice JBL headphones and voice search on the remote.

(no, not affil. and no stock in Roku, honest)

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,310
    Good info, Jim. My old Roku 2 has become really slow after all their imposed updates over the years.
    I disabled signatures.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Grab one, Scott, if they are still available for half off. Not sorry I did.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    I picked one up for $50 along with a Roku Stick (for $20 or $25) on Black Friday. Should be arriving today. There’s an Xfinity Stream app that I can use for live TV and stop paying $5/month for each of the cable boxes in the kitchen and the bedroom. Win-win.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    scubalab wrote: »
    I picked one up for $50 along with a Roku Stick (for $20 or $25) on Black Friday. Should be arriving today. There’s an Xfinity Stream app that I can use for live TV and stop paying $5/month for each of the cable boxes in the kitchen and the bedroom. Win-win.

Yeah, I dropped cable TV, but still have Spectrum internet. They have a $20 steaming "channel" on the Roku that allows you to choose 10 channels from a pretty large list. I picked ESPN, ESPN2 and the NFL channel, among others. That, Netflix and indoor antennas covers just about everything.