Another "I SPY" in a picture in my local Craig's list- Free section.

After having a great meal, I thought I'd look at the Forum and my local Craig's list real quick before watching some football or laying down while listening to some football.

Here's what I saw. I called the man and he said he was in the next town and he was busy. He was a very nice man and told me he had a guy interested in the furniture. That's it for now. I told him I was interested in the electronics. He said him and somebody else looked up on the web what this electronic stuff costs and it was 15K min. when it was new. He said come get it if I could. It was going to the dump asap tomorrow. He said the amps I asked him about said sunknow or something like that. I said maybe Sonance...that's it Sonance 1250's he remembered. I said great. I hope they would still be there in 1/2 an hour or more. He wished me luck.

It's a 35+ min. drive but I jumped into my truck and went down there. NO TRAFFIC hardly at all. It was a quick and beautiful drive. I pulled up to the stack and couldn't see the amps at first, then I spotted them! They were still there! :D Now to see if they looked OK. They did. The faces look OK. They were a little bit dusty but not too much.

I didn't bring a screwdriver or a screw gun because I was in a BIG HURRY to get there. I know I could've scoured SOMEWHERE down there to get a screwdriver or screw gun but I had a multi-tool key fob that worked for removing 2 audio rack shelves from one of those racks.

The other electronics were 220 powered I believe and looked like battery packs. GOD awful heavy too and no RCA or any other speaker wire hook-ups. Just some outlets and strange stuff on their backs. I've thought about going back tomorrow to get the 2 $$$$ racks! If they will even be there. They're 7 1/2' tall too I think.

Enough of talk. Here is the ad. I didn't even take a blanket :s or my camera. If I took a screw gun, I'd have those racks here at home now. Maybe tomorrow!

aa40llc5jzmb.png
https://wilmington.craigslist.org/zip/d/free/6755059115.html
They're Heeeeeere now.
41rdf496yvho.png
jknc3b2vfrei.png
gz3etk989220.png
ix6k4jvqrtpw.png
igll17h5daqo.png

I'm still thinking about those $$$$$ pro-racks. They have glass doors too!! :o

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Do you guys see the Sonance amps near the middle of the picture. All those speaker 5-ways caught my attention after I stopped drooling over those racks and the electronics in them.

I was hoping for some cool amps and pre-amps in those racks but it was not to be. The cleaners probably took them home with them. I wish I'd memorized what those electronic things were in the bottom there. They looked VERY expensive for sure!
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I’d grab all of it. Worst case YOU take it to the dump lol...

They were likely battery backups and could be really nice to have in case of an outage....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    You could use one of those to wire every room in your house with speakers!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Go back, tip the racks in the bed and run!!!

Go now!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Dang bro..... you just keep on keeping on :D
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    go get the racks, you can dump em at my house if need be lol
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Wow what a score! The amps look heavy. Agree, get the racks! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    scroe!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    socre!

I knew you would swoop in! LOL! oscre! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »
    I knew you would swoop in! LOL! oscre! :smile:

Yeah, whatever, socer! :p
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    They ARE heavy. I think. I'm confused now... :s

But I was so excited when I got there, I thought they were light when I put them in my truck. When I took those picks after I got home, I lifted that one to turn it around and thought...my God this thing gained 40 lbs. since I easily put them in my truck earlier. It was all I could do to turn it around. I thought they weighed 30 lbs. or so. I'll go check and see what they weigh.

Well the newer MKII weighs 60 lbs. so the old ones must be close I would guess. :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
  • Tony M
    edited November 2018
    I thought they were lightweights earlier. It's that phenomenon effect of when people get so excited they can lift a car I guess. I slung them around like they were 2 gals. of milk each in weight, 14 lbs. ... :o

I WAS super excited alright. :D
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    I got around to testing one of these amps tonight.

After extensive studying of the owners manual from an online link, I figured out how these rear assignment switches/slides work. it makes sense once you read what each slide directs and determines what is allowed to enter that channel.

It works great! all 12 channels work. The volume dials for each channel works also.

I guess the bridged modes will work if needed.

Here is a taste of what I had to learn about. It only took about 4 hours of off and on reading and deciphering. My brain never got to hurting since I knew the switches meant something per their settings. The instructions were pretty darn good too! B)
    These amps can do A LOT!!! Super capable amp brains in these amps!! I'm impressed!

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/319124/Sonance-Sonamp-1250-Mkii.html?page=5#manual

then this set-up if needed... :DB)
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/319124/Sonance-Sonamp-1250-Mkii.html?page=10#manual

• verb
    Nice job Tony! Hey did you ever go back and get those racks?
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Tony, I was running a Sonamp 275 SE for awhile; also designed especially for multi-room installations, including in-wall/ceiling speakers. But, as a straight 2-channel amp, I thought it sounded very nice -- very underrated. I imagine yours will surprise you, as well. Mine operated dead quiet and cool.

How many wpc in each Sonamp 1250 in bridged mode? I'll bet running those as monos would feed the hungriest speakers.

Congrats!
  • Tony M
    verb wrote: »
    Nice job Tony! Hey did you ever go back and get those racks?

No. :'(

I looked on Craig's list the next day too and the ad was off. He said the stuff was going to the dump on Fri. per our conversations on Thur. ( Thanksgiving Day ).

But looking again on Monday, he put the ad back on... :o. There were rainy days around those days and it was really cold too. I thought and thought and thought but decided to just be happy with the amps. So I just had to pass EVEN THOUGH I wanted those racks real bad, I just didn't make it happen. I rested for days.

I'll always wonder what those massive ( Battery backups one member thought ) components on the bottom of that one rack were plus how much they cost or could sell for!! :'(

Those racks had to be 1K racks. Had to be... :'(

I was thinking just yesterday while out there in my cottage how nice it would be to have those racks to put these beasts back into them plus some other electronics to boot. :s

Another life regret I'm afraid to admit!!! :'(
  • Tony M
    edited December 2018
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Tony, I was running a Sonamp 275 SE for awhile; also designed especially for multi-room installations, including in-wall/ceiling speakers. But, as a straight 2-channel amp, I thought it sounded very nice -- very underrated. I imagine yours will surprise you, as well. Mine operated dead quiet and cool.

How many wpc in each Sonamp 1250 in bridged mode? I'll bet running those as monos would feed the hungriest speakers.

Congrats!

Bridging just doubles the watts to 100x6 channels but the headroom raises a little more than double. I like how the instructions talk about using this amp for a 5.1 surround setup. the .1 for the sub out. I think the specs show a good headroom for short term in this mode but there's the warning again about what speakers are used.

But the instructions STRONGLY warn in a few places to use only 8 Ohm speakers. None lower than that.

I guess with all that could go inside these amps, a bunch of 4 Ohm speakers could start a fire inside these amps.

Just think...12-4 Ohm speakers pushed hard... :s:D Not good... ;)