Noooooo

Just got the e-mail.

Sister in-law wants to have a Christmas get together at her house.

Even Brown Dog said, "Oh Dave, sucks to be you buddy."

:s

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    LOL.....I feel for ya bro.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited November 2018
    Take Dave @daboyz along. The last get together you had the house cleared quick when he took his shoes off.

**edit
    It didn't really happen that way Dave was late because of work so we made it a running joke.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Tell her you need to bias your tube amp as you will have "X" number of hours on it and you have to do it right then because you cant use the tube amp until after thats been done lol....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Take Dave @daboyz along. The last get together you had the house cleared quick when he took his shoes

The smell only affects those I deem undesirable. Ever wonder why it didn't bother anyone else, Ivan? ;)

P.S.

I always remove my shoes when going into someone's home.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited November 2018
    If it were me, I'd start taking hot showers then standing outside to dry off about a week before, then wait for the flu to take over. If you live in south Florida I guess you can try something else? Got any really old canned food in the house?

Look at the bright side, at least you have plenty of time to formulate a good escape plan.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    oldrocker wrote: »

To quote Robert Hunter (et al.):
    My dog he turned to me and he said
    Let's head back to Tennessee, Jed

;)

http://artsites.ucsc.edu/GDead/agdl/tjed.html

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    If we didn't have bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good ones.

Good luck!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • mhardy6647
    Milito wrote: »
    If we didn't have bad times, we wouldn't appreciate the good ones.

Good luck!

on the the other hand
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
    gloom, dispair, and agony on me

Hee-Haw philosophy :|

https://youtu.be/BkzE23pyME4
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    I see it as you have 2 choices.

1- roll around in dog crap before going over, she'll rethink your next invitation deeply.

2- bring Russ with, pretty much guarantees you or your offspring will never set foot in her house again.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    afterburnt wrote: »
    My sister sent me a text last night at 11:30 to invite me for "food, family, and football". I replied "you f'ing woke me up!" then I blocked her number.

I don't think you went far enough with your response... :D
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    All great idea's.

I'm personally crossing my fingers for a big ole Indiana snow storm December 14.

I also thought, hey holiday shopping at a mall, tons of sick people hacking and coughing but realized, I just got my flu shot a few weeks ago.

So, on December 15th everyone go outside around 1:00, put a hand to your ear and that faint sad groan over the horizon you hear?

That'll be me....
  • mhardy6647
    heck, we're gettin' that kind of snow here already. :p
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited November 2018
    I got the Thanksgiving invite over at my Daughter's boyfriend's house. I mean the guy dont play cards or dice, doesn't enjoy adult beverages except for the one wine cooler he nurses all day, no decent stereo and does not watch football. Listen for a moan west of Indiana come Thursday early afternoon that will be me. I feel for you Dave come Christmas.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,962
    Yea, holidays aren't what they use to be for us either. In for the day(3 hr roundtrip)...rush to visit everybody(mom in assisted living, aunt in nursing home, sister and sister in law) and hope the weather don't go sour somewhere in all that.

My consolation is some good tunes and bourbon waiting for me when I get home.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    I got the Thanksgiving invite over at my Daughter's boyfriend's house. I mean the guy dont play cards or dice, doesn't enjoy adult beverages except for the one wine cooler he nurses all day, no decent stereo and does not watch football. Listen for a moan west of Indiana come Thursday early afternoon that will be me. I feel for you Dave come Christmas.

Lemme guess, he wears a bun?
  • tonyb

lmao !!!!!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987

Try talking religion and politics...sure-fire way to make a connection.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • afterburnt
    connection to what?
  • afterburnt
    or how bout just "what?"
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    edited November 2018
    I usually text back: "El numero es no bueno. Y no habla ingles."
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited November 2018
    oldrocker wrote: »
    Just got the e-mail.

Sister in-law wants to have a Christmas get together at her house.

Just be thankful it's not at your house, Dave. Imagine having guests mistaking green tubes for Christmas tree ornaments? :o:p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    connection to what?

Fight Club.....
  • jdjohn
    connection to what?

Fight Club.....
    ^ Basically that. Tongue-in-cheek. Sure-fire way to start a fight.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • tonyb
    I didn't know that a man-bun was a political statement, or a religious one for that matter. What do I know though....it's 2018. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • afterburnt
    connection to what?

Fight Club.....

You're not supposed to talk about that!
  • tonyb
    connection to what?

Fight Club.....

You're not supposed to talk about that!

...or Buns....apparently. :p
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • jdjohn
    tonyb wrote: »
    I didn't know that a man-bun was a political statement, or a religious one for that matter. What do I know though....it's 2018. :)
    It's not...just an ill attempt at humor on my part. I was basically trying to say if you don't have anything in common, or anything to talk about, politics and religion might get the conversation going.