Yamaha M-40?

Milito
Milito Posts: 1,908
edited November 2018 in Electronics
How good is a Yamaha M-40 for my Yamaha 2070 with my S55's?

Would a B&K, Sunfire or Parasound be a better fit? This one has been serviced and recapped.

Also does anyone here have a Outlaw 5000? I just missed out on one last night.

Thanks.
Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
Post edited by Milito on

Comments

• I’ve had an M60. It was a nice clean sounding amp. For only two channels though the M40 isn’t going to have a dramatic impact, especially if you’re going to use the AVR as the pre/pro. The 2070 is pretty good and makes enough power for two speakers.

Any of the amps listed my sound better to you though, that all have their own character.

I have an Outlaw 5000 powering a 5 channel LSiM HT, it’s doing a fantastic job, and is pretty musical. It’s only 120wpc all channels driven but about 175wpc with two channels. It’s really a great value, and probably good enough sonically for most folks but would certainly be outperformed by the higher end amps. On paper the SNR isn’t the best, but the background seems pretty quiet and compares to other amps I’ve used despite the rating. I’m pleased with it, and if you’re planning to use the 2070 as the pre/pro I don’t think there will be much more benefit in adding a higher end amp.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,908
    Thanks Jeremy, I'm running two S55's, one s30 and a 505. I was looking at adding an amp or if I don't find one I like before Christmas, then upgrading my sub. When I listen to music I want it to sound better.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.