Amplifier

Options
Hi i would like to change my amplifier, wath would be your choice with the speakers i have . I like the Yamaha RX-V 1083 it’s a good choice ??
Speakers
RTI A9
CSI A6
RTI A1
RTI A5
HTS 12
PSW 125

Yes i use 2 subwoofer 😉

Comments

• dalylaleahthor
    Options
    No receiver will ever do those rtia9 any justice. Get you a used amped along the lines of b&k and parasound. You will be happy you did.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    You are looking at getting a Yamaha receiver which is basically a preamp/amp in one box. If it has all the bells and whistles that you want it to have get it.

The good news is that it does have preouts, so that later on down the line you can add a separate amplifier to give your Rtia9s the power that they need to operate at their full potential.

In the meantime be careful with the volume knob. Running all those speakers together will probably drop the power output down to 70wpc if that.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    I agree the RTi-A9 are a power hungry speaker. That Yamaha is a nice Receiver, You could also look at the Denon AVR-X4400H or Marantz SR6011/SR6012. All should be in the same price range right now.

You will need a amp to properly push the A9 and CSi speakers. Amps last years longer than receivers do. Look used first or new. Parasound, B&K, Emotiva Gen 3, Outlawaudio or Sunfire just to name a few. Look for at least a 3 channel to 7 channel. Something to think about. A AVR/Receiver weighs 32lb and pushes 120W X 2 break it down to 7 channels your lucky if it's pushing 70watts. The power supply is being taxed with all the audio and video processing plus trying to push speakers. An amp only has one job, provide good clean power to speakers. That is it nothing more.

For now once you have it all setup set the speakers to small and crossover to 80hz. This will let your subwoofers pickup all the low end keeping the power strain off your receiver. Even after you setup an amp it is still best to keep at "small 80HZ". I have an amp for my speakers and set them like this.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music