FS Speakers. Polk, Infinity and Pioneer

CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,521
edited November 2018 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have three sets listed on the bay right now. I'll give a 20% discount to established Polkies. ALL NON SMOKER HOME.

Cash or PayPal. The only way I'd ship any of these is if you pay for UPS professional packing and shipping.

I'm also open to trades. 27uf caps, small tube amp (china-fi ok), a nice 3 way center channel. Silver bullion at the rate of $12.60 an ounce.

I'm 40 min east of Orlando on Merritt Island FL. 32953. I can drive to meet up. Let's say 2 hours any direction other than East as my Highlander is not amphibious.

I did not see any restrictions on posting the ebay links. If this is not allowed please let me know and I'll revise the post.

Please see the links.
RTA11T
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223216362442

Infinity Crescendo 3007s
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223216358256
Post edited by CH46E on

Comments

• CH46E
    I hear ya. I appreciate the advice. Certainly not trying to take advantage of anyone. People flip gear all the time. If someone does not like the price they can make an offer or just pass on them.

I know that many here flip gear all in an effort to upgrade.

As I said, I would give a 20% discount and possibly even more for a Polk member. And the 20% is off the starting bid price not the buy it now. I feel those are pretty good prices.

Thanks again Skip.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Yea that is real bad form. Yes people flip gear all the time BUT they don't brag about the tremendous $20.00 deal then say I'll give you a 20% discount after they hike the price 1000%

Just sayin
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    DSkip wrote: »
    Word of advice - when you buy something to flip, don't disclose what you paid. While in the end it doesn't matter, it can create bitterness as people assume you are trying to take advantage of them.

Exactly. Well said Skip. Polkie price is still 16X more than what you paid.

The FS category is all about love, and sharing, my man! IMO of course.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CH46E
    edited November 2018
    So really the difference is that I was honest about the Pioneers. I specifically stated in the other thread I got them to flip them. The Pioneers where still priced below what they sell for on Ebay after taking 20% off the starting bid.

I can see now how someone may feel jilted by what I did. My bad and thanks for bringing it up.

I'm just trying to move up in gear. And flipping gear is one way I can do it.

I've removed them from the post.
  • verb
    I don’t think anyone who sells here really makes a profit per se. It’s all about enabling others in their journey. When someone upgrades, they pass along their stuff to the next guy, to help in their journey.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • CH46E
    verb wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone who sells here really makes a profit per se. It’s all about enabling others in their journey. When someone upgrades, they pass along their stuff to the next guy, to help in their journey.

Well put and after thinking about it for a bit, I see everyones point. It was poor taste. Lesson learned guys.

• I've lost money with everything I've sold here but it's come back in other ways that are priceless.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • verb
    CH46E wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

Well put and after thinking about it for a bit, I see everyones point. It was poor taste. Lesson learned guys.

Hey no worries my man! We're a community. We love ya! :smile:
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    He gets it guys... can we give it a rest? Personally, if you have issues with something, the right thing to do is take it private rather than trash his thread.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • CH46E
    The Polk RTA11t are no longer for sale. I finally put them on a amp and really liked them.

Infinity still here and am willing to trade for a SACD/DVD-AUDIO player. Or maybe 4 RD0194 tweets. Maybe a DAC?

I also have a perfect condition Monitor 7 v2 6 1/2 driver and 3 damaged ones. I have the crossovers also.

Any established Polkies need the crossovers I'll let them go dirt dirt cheap.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223220881207

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/223220888085
  • CH46E
    The Infinitys sold today. Got $220.00 for them. Now I can buy the 27uf caps I've been needing.

Now I have to figure out what's going to replace them in the living room. I'd like to put my KEF bookies out there but my Belgian Malinois is to rambunctious. They won't last a day.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    CH46E wrote: »
    The Infinitys sold today. Got $220.00 for them. Now I can buy the 27uf caps I've been needing.

Now I have to figure out what's going to replace them in the living room. I'd like to put my KEF bookies out there but my Belgian Malinois is to rambunctious. They won't last a day.

Glad to hear they sold!

If you put enough weight in the stands, they’ll be nearly impossible to knock over. Learned this myself, experimenting after one of my Monitor R90s fell over. Our dog did that one. :s It doesn’t hold the speaker down any better, but your dog won’t be reaching that high. Just makes the stand more stable.

I’d imagine adding all that weight would have audible benefits as well. :)
  • CH46E
    edited November 2018
    Well
    ...she weighs 70 lbs and goes 100mph! Lol
    ek87q0xowu3q.jpg
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Ha! She is cute.
    Our St. Bernard weighs 150, although she doesn’t go near the fast. ;)
    She does have a tendency to basically fall over when she lays down, and that is how it got knocked over. :D