LSi-F/X

I never thought I’d be selling these as they are the best surrounds I’ve ever run in our theater and there’s a sad story that follows them. I bought them here:

http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/173945/wts-lsi9-pair-lsifx-pair-lsic-speakers-sanus-uf34s-fl-pics

I originally wanted to buy the complete set, but 1 I didn’t have enough money, and 2 I couldn’t make the 9’s work in our HT. So, I actually talked on the phone with Geoff for over an hour. He was one of the nicest guys I’d spoken to on the forum. He agreed to part the set out AND hold them for nearly four months until we were down in Sarasota for a vacation. He even invited me and my family to spend time with him and his wife for drinks and a swim in their pool when we were in town!

Well, I’m that time, Geoff had knee surgery and tragically passed away a day or two after surgery. His friend reached out to me and put me in touch with his dad. I offered to let him keep what I had already sent to Geoff and re-sell them, but he insisted Geoff would want me to have them. I met Geoff’s dad in November and spent nearly an hour talking about Geoff, his hobbies, and his passion for music and audio. There were some tears - Geoff sounded like a great guy. I paid the remainder of the balance, packed them carefully in the back of our SUV, and they made the trip back to PA where they have been on side surround duty in our home theater ever since.

So, why am I selling? Well, they are BIG! The ceiling in the HT is only 7’-4” high and we always feel like we have to duck when walking by them (even though there is an inch or two clearance)! So, after much debate, I’ve decided to replace them with some in-ceiling (80F/X-LS) surrounds.

I’d like to get back what I paid for them ($325). Local sale is ideal, but I can ship to CONUS at the buyer’s expense. I do have the original box and I believe all of the packing materials. If the box is not up to par, I’ll put it inside a larger box. I do pack VERY well!

They are in the exact condition as when I purchased them since they’ve been on the walls since I got them. I’ll try to get pictures if needed, but they look just like they did in the pics in G-2’s ad.

Hoping another forum member can keep these in the Polk family. :)

Comments