vintage speaker info?

Aqs612scag
Aqs612scag Posts: 102
edited December 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Hello
I would like to know if anybody here knows any information regarding these Saba speakers, they are made in Germany,
This is model Saba7, attached pic.
Post edited by Aqs612scag on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited December 2004
    The Germans make great cars, doesn't look like they do so well with speakers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2004
    The Euro's do not consider the speaker the most important part of the system, they generally feel the source is dominant. Yeesh, what happened to those speakers, they look like drivers "shrunk" or am I seeing things.

RT1
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2004
    I had a chemistry professor whose eyes looked just like the (correction: "upper mid range") tweets! He was German, too!

This means something..........
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2004
    Could you imagine how nasty that X-over would have to be... Good lord!
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited December 2004
    Here's a link to some info. Ironically, the picture on this site is the same as the one you posted:

Saba 7 Speaker System
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2004
    Kabuki Time!

Actually James, I bet the network is very simple. I'd be willing to bet the woofer is running open (its full bandwith), and the tweets and mids are paralleled or in series (or a combo with each other) with a simple cap inline on the postive wire.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited December 2004
    Aww crap, I figured with their love of math they'd be running cascading arrays all around...
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2004
    I didn't even see that it had an EV woofer. That alone may be worth the purchase price (depending on what that is).

Made in Germany - if the mid/tweets are Telefunken, they may bring a little coin also.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.