"Bohemian Rhapsody"

2»

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    4 extra incisors which gave him greater vocal range (it was also covered in the movie).

Mike Meyers was good but he was no Tom Cruise as Les Grossman!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited November 2018
    or (perhaps, I am speculating here) Belushi's interpretation of Allen B. Klein umm, I mean, Ron Decline, in All You Need Is Cash? :)

https://youtu.be/RY4psuv3oFA
    His left hand man, if my eyes don't deceive me, is an erstwhile, somewhat disgraced, US Senator (and, no, it's not Sen. John Blutarsky).

u9rwecflcfjp.png
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited November 2018
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    His left hand man, if my eyes don't deceive me, is an erstwhile, somewhat disgraced, US Senator (and, no, it's not Sen. John Blutarsky).
    You are absolutely correct. Franken and Davis are both credited as "Decline's Henchmen".

There are lots of famous faces in the cast, including 2 Pythons, a Beatle and 2 Rolling Stones. :)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077147/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast
  • Viking64
    As far as the film, I just watched a few scenes of "Bohemian Rhapsody". It looked like a decent production. All 4 members of Queen looked close to prefect. Of course, there was mostly just long-haired Freddy and short-haired Freddy. Brian always looked the same. But John really accurately morphed over the years. (Especially at Live Aid.)

I remember all of their hits up through "The Game" (1980), except, oddly enough "Bohemian Rhapsody", which I never heard until 1981. :o:D There was a video from their next album which creeped me out, and the Bowie collaboration, which reminds me more of whomever sampled it later on. All of their later hits seemed to also pass me by.

The song "Killer Queen" was my favourite (UK spelling intentional) song for a good year or two. I remember the next two hits ("You're My Best Friend" and "Somebody To Love"). And our high school principal even played "We Are the Champions" over the PA the day after we won the Vermont State Division I soccer championship. :p

As for the plot, I know relatively little about the band's history or personal life. Heck, I wasn't even aware of FM's sexual preference until YEARS after he died. No, the band's name wasn't even a clue. That slang word wasn't part of my vocabulary. HAHAHA

I am really looking forward to seeing a MINT copy of this film and re-discovering Queen from a different perspective. Now, will someone please give Led Zeppelin the same treatment? I would pay a few HUNDIE to see that! :p
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I remember watching Queen on the original "Midnight Special" with wolfman jack... ahoooo mid to late 70's
    Awesome show!
  • Viking64
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I remember watching Queen on the original "Midnight Special" with wolfman jack... ahoooo mid to late 70's
    Awesome show!

I either saw them on that or on "Don Kirschner's Rock Concert". :p
  • pitdogg2
    Wow i just noticed i broke 11k... better back'er down a bit F1nut might get jealous ;)

Carry on nothing to see here.
  • mhardy6647
    edited November 2018
    Wow i just noticed i broke 11k... better back'er down a bit F1nut might get jealous ;)

Read mine and weep, buddy ;)

It is astonishing how much drivel I've dribbled out in the past -- well, who knows how many years (since the forum and its s/w and host servers have morphed so many times in the interim).

In seriousness, congratulations :)

• pitdogg2
    If we didn't like you we'd ran you off long ago Doc.....

Kidding kind sir o:)

Then again like only 9 of mine were intelligent ;)
  • mhardy6647
    If we didn't like you we'd ran you off long ago Doc.....

Kidding kind sir o:)

Then again like only 9 of mine were intelligent ;)

I might've cracked double digits by now. Maybe.

OK, sorry for the diversionary tactic. Back to Freddie. Freddy? I forget. :p

Doctor Brian May still remains my favorite of that bunch -- plus, he's a pretty darned good rock guitarist, and at least a passable astrophysicist. :)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I saw this last week down in DC with Mark. Simply terrific, I highly recommend.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited November 2018
    Not sure when it comes out, but I preordered the Blu Ray from Amazon for $19.99 cant wait to see it. Mike Myers has a cameo in it, is he no longer the host of the Gong Show :D
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Did you know that Mercury had 4 extra molars. I believe it was molars. Anyway extra teeth, thus the reason for the overbite. And possibly a influence on his vocals.

Never was a Queen fan, but I could sure appreciate FM's talent. I will probably see the movie.

Thanks for the reviews.

I watched a documentary on Queen and this was mentioned. Mercury refused to have those 4 extra teeth removed for fear of it affecting his vocals.
    No excuses!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    So were they just wisdom teeth that he didn't have pulled?
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Absolutely FANTASTIC. One of the better movies I've seen in quite a while.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124

Shut up Ivan ;)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    Disregard my wisdom teeth question. I missed the post about 4 extra incisors. Vampire!
  • pitdogg2
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Shut up Ivan ;)

As you wish.
    Mmm mmm mmm m m. Mmm
    Sit on it Ron