Best speaker setup

Hi!
I'm new here, I would like to choose the best setup for my room.
He has 11 feet x 16 feet, but it is integrated with another room.

kquzs7pc2ju2.jpg

I want buy all polk speakers and I believe that the 5.1.2 setup is ok.
2 S20 speakers
1 S35 or S30 (what is better for my room?)
2 Atmos speakers (what use RC80i or v60?)
2 surround speakers (what choose?)
1 sub (what choose? HTS10?)
Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Cristiano

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Personally, I'd flip the room 180*. Better front speaker placement can be realised without the windows to hinder it. It also allows more of the larger room n general to view the screen.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    What @FestYboy said...100%.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    What AVR are you going to be using?

V60 over the RC80, vanishing looks a lot better

S30 for the center, more full sounding if you can fit it.

Sub look for SVS or HSU, if you can't get them where you are then the HTS is ok.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Anytime you have a couch against a wall, bass is gonna be wonky.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    What's between the plants on the rightmost wall?
  • Hey guys. Thanks for replying. Sorry my delay in answer you, because it was a holiday here in Brazil.
    I personally prefer the other room too, but like in the picture the space is more visible.
    Between the plants it is a wood sideboard.
    The receiver probably will be an Onkyo TX-NR787.
    I will take a look in the SVS and HSU subwoofers, but i'm looking for a good budget woofer.
    Thanks again!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited November 2018
    I'm not saying trade space for space, I'm saying flip your viewing room area 180 so the couch sits where the tv is in the picture and visa versa.

Edit for auto correct
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited November 2018
    I agree to flip your room. Reflection's from windows suck, I found it to add brightness to the sound.

AVR, I would get a Denon, Marantz, Yamaha or even Sony over an Onkyo.

If you can get either HSU or SVS subs they are a step up from the HTS. I have heard the HTS subs are better than previous Polk subs.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • Thanks again!
    Now I understood. I will check the possibility to flip the room, the main question is that all instalation (power, network, etc) is in the other wall.
    About the AVR I will look for another brand, thanks by the advise.