5 LSI7’s, three cherry and two black. Great shape. $550 + shipping

Comments

• dbryantdbryant Posts: 520
    No way. BTW, the grills were all perfect. The drivers are mint. Pics were posted. You never asked, “Hey, are these mint, and markings?” You never asked for anything.....

I had no issues with displaying them. You said the ebony were fine. You comlain two cherry are scratched or marked. Of course they are not perfect but you paid $400 for 5 Lsi7’s! Now you want them for $200.

As with any store, send them back for a full refund
    Nice. Filed aclaim with pp and put my account into a neg balance.

The grills were ALL mint when they shipped. I think they are in great shape for their age. I never said they were mint. They are 20 yo! Condition is subjective and you asked me nothing!

You used your shipping account to ship. If the grills are truly damaged file a claim for the grills. They did ship from Maine to CA!

Im not refunding $214. You send them back and i will refund your money as I have no issue with them. I bought two newrolls of bubble wrap for shipping. Please pack them well
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 20,586
    I wonder if this is the same guy that tried to pull similar BS when I sold my Krell. Where in CA is this guy?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Anaheim is where he is from.

The drivers and grills were mint. The cabs arent mint but I was using them. If they were like new I would have sold them on Audiogon. $400 for 5 Lsi7’s and he files a claim with PayPal. If you want the sides perfect, how hard is it to sand and finish?

They are in great shape. I will gladly take them back. I will give him a full refund upon return. He wants $214 refunded and to keep them. No way. Especially after filing a claim and calling me out in such a way.
    dbryant wrote: »
    Anaheim is where he is from.

Never sell anything to a guy from Anaheim. Somehow Mickey Mouse always gets involved...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 4,017
    edited November 2018
    FYI: I bought something from dbryant several years ago and while I can't remember what I bought, I do know that there were no issues whatsoever. I would buy from him again without thinking twice about it.

Post edited by PSOVLSK on
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
    I will stand by the sale. I will gladly refund him upon return. He already wants to do a chargeback.

Im not perfect but generally if someone is expecting a 9-10 on the Audiogon scale, they ask questions. Im just surprised when this is a steal. The parts alone sell for more than what I received. After paypal and bubble wrap, I cleared $390. He was trying to flip the black pair before he got them. That is the issue.

He sent me his own shipping labels. If any grills were damaged, he can file his own claim. Grills and drivers were perfect.
    When two people air their grievances publicly, comments such as Airplay's are bound to happen. That is why this should have been a private matter from the start.

I wasnt given that option. At this point I’m being transparent as I did as I said. Bound or not, if you make such comments, also be ready to be called out
    It didn’t add to and wasn’t necessary. Airplay actually didn’t follow through after a lengthy process.
    Nothing is stopping you from ceasing comment in a public thread and taking things to PM... I agree you did not start the public discourse, but that does not mean you should continue it.

Nothing is stopping you from staying out of it as well. You have had plenty to offer in regards to your opinions but nothing helpful.
    edited November 2018
    How about this little morsel then... Did you bother to look at your buyer's post history? Based on what I see there, I wouldn't have sold him gum from the bottom of my shoe. By your actions, I think you bear some responsibility as well. Was that helpful?

Have a great day.

That is feedback that is helpful. I appreciate that. No I thought I could trust people on the site. I didn’t check.
    Admittedly I’m pretty ticked. I have money frozen in my PP account. I have messaged several times without response.

He gets a full refund if he sends them back

Be sure to communicate that to Paypal. They are NOT on your side here, and will do everything to burn you, including telling your buyer they are free to keep the speakers AND have their money back as well.

I did just that. I fully expect to get burned unfortunately
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 2,332
    I've bought from Dorian before. Everything went smoothly & the gear was in better than expected shape. @jhracer3, how about posting some detailed pics?
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,941
    If the buyer is not happy he MUST return the speakers to dbryant, who has stated he will refund the buyer after the speakers are returned.

dbryant is being the stand up person here, the buyer isn't.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 41,941
    dbryant wrote: »
    Nice. Already opened a paypal case and whats a refund of $214. This smells like a scam. You want 5 Lsi7 speakers for $200. Really?

I agree, scam.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

it is quite informative to note that the buyer has yet to comment in this thread at all since his calling out dbryant….

iqfv4l1inqgf.jpeg
    k4m5tk68m3mt.jpeg
    These are the speakers right before being packed
  • none of those pics shows the speakers in any detail. when i see "great condition" on an enthusiast forum like this, I assume the seller is being as least mildly honest in the description. a few minor scratches or bumps is one thing, and I was fully expecting that, but of the 5 speakers only 1 could charitably be described as great. the color issue on the veneer, ripped grills, significant scratches, etc., are all items that should have been mentioned alongside "great condition." failing to list those kinds of issues and then posting pics that don't show speakers from the problem sides is intentionally misleading.

send a return label and I'd be happy to send them back. i'm not eating return shipping on fraudulently described speakers. blows my mind that people try to play games like this with descriptions when chargebacks are always on the table.
  • When two people air their grievances publicly, comments such as Airplay's are bound to happen. That is why this should have been a private matter from the start.

when bad sales are ignored or quietly swept under the rug, other buys get screwed in the future. i checked his post history and didn't see any other issues so gave him the benefit of the doubt.

when you sell something and misleadingly describe it, you've already acted in bad faith. given that these cost me $105 in shipping, easy solutions are already off the table.

I paid $275 a pair, plus the (nearly useless) single speaker. the going rate for LSi7s in excellent condition on ebay is around $350 a pair, or $250 a pair in poor to acceptable condition. the original selling price is irrelevant. the idea that these speakers were some kind of a giveaway and thus the condition is a free-for-all is absurd.
    You show your true colors pal. The speakers were photographed where they had been for months. Your claims are false, unreasonable, and it’s quite obvious you have had ulterior motives.

You will send them back the same way you got them. The burden is on you to ship them back and then you will get a full refund. The grills are mint. You are greatly exaggerated or just delusional in your description. It’s quite apparent you have had a motive of trying to do a chargeback.

Unless I get the speakers, you get nothing
    jhracer3 wrote: »
    When two people air their grievances publicly, comments such as Airplay's are bound to happen. That is why this should have been a private matter from the start.

when bad sales are ignored or quietly swept under the rug, other buys get screwed in the future. i checked his post history and didn't see any other issues so gave him the benefit of the doubt.

when you sell something and misleadingly describe it, you've already acted in bad faith. given that these cost me $105 in shipping, easy solutions are already off the table.

I paid $275 a pair, plus the (nearly useless) single speaker. the going rate for LSi7s in excellent condition on ebay is around $350 a pair, or $250 a pair in poor to acceptable condition. the original selling price is irrelevant. the idea that these speakers were some kind of a giveaway and thus the condition is a free-for-all is absurd.

Acted in bad faith? You had pictures. You had every opportunity to ask anything. You could have asked for more pictures, but you didnt. You did in your previous posts when you considered purchasing an LSiC. You asked questions then but not now? Right, then you werenot planning on trying to obtain a fraudulent chargeback.
    Then you were making untruthful claims and unreasonable demands.

Read this: I DONT CARE if you try to defraud your CC company with a fraudulent chargeback.

You arent happy? (Aside from the straight up narcissistic and paranoid affect) send the speakers back.

I generate shipping through paypal. Ooopps you locked up my paypal account so you get no label. Im not LL Bean, you gotta send the merch back for a refund chief.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,371
    jhracer3 wrote: »
    none of those pics shows the speakers in any detail. when i see "great condition" on an enthusiast forum like this, I assume the seller is being as least mildly honest in the description. a few minor scratches or bumps is one thing, and I was fully expecting that, but of the 5 speakers only 1 could charitably be described as great. the color issue on the veneer, ripped grills, significant scratches, etc., are all items that should have been mentioned alongside "great condition." failing to list those kinds of issues and then posting pics that don't show speakers from the problem sides is intentionally misleading.

send a return label and I'd be happy to send them back. i'm not eating return shipping on fraudulently described speakers. blows my mind that people try to play games like this with descriptions when chargebacks are always on the table.

Are you able to provide pictures with some of the described issues?
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SRS 2, SDA 2B, SDA II,SDA 1C, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9 Ebony, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    I find it offensive you accuse me of trying to cheat you. Your ignorance aside, I have tons of pics and know exactly the condition they were in when shipped.

Be a good boy slot car racer, time to take tour meds.....
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!