Enlightened Audio Designs T1000

verb
verb Posts: 10,176
Anyone have any experience with this brand? CD transport. Looks solidly built. Esoteric, to me at least.

e9pdj0emk7s4.png
Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    While a great transport in its day, you can find better out there.
    It was one of the first transports to come with the Pioneer Stable Platter mechanisms.

It was ~$1200 new back in the late 90s/early 2000s.
    Nice low jitter levels, a bargain in its day but like I said, there are better units out there unless the price is nice and low.
    Something to consider is the power supply caps would be getting a bit long in the tooth depending on usage.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • verb
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    While a great transport in its day, you can find better out there.
    It was one of the first transports to come with the Pioneer Stable Platter mechanisms.

It was ~$1200 new back in the late 90s/early 2000s.
    Nice low jitter levels, a bargain in its day but like I said, there are better units out there unless the price is nice and low.
    Something to consider is the power supply caps would be getting a bit long in the tooth depending on usage.

Thanks! I knew someone here would have knowledge. Yep the price is pretty low!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Those old Pioneer stable platter players still bring good money. I'd love to have one except for the $300-$500 price range they seem to command. A few different manufacturers licensed that transport
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited October 2018
    EAD made some stout pieces. No experience with this cdp, but the brand had a pretty good street rep at the time.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verb
    So I pulled the trigger. I'm outta control! CD transport rabbit hole here I go! :smile:
  • tonyb
    verb wrote: »
    So I pulled the trigger. I'm outta control! CD transport rabbit hole here I go! :smile:

They have classes for you type of addicts. I believe they are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at one of Russ's warehouses. Free whiskey and donuts on Fridays. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    tonyb wrote: »

They have classes for you type of addicts. I believe they are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at one of Russ's warehouses. Free whiskey and donuts on Fridays. :)

Only when Russ is not around.... that why they can't be held liable if something doesnt work when he shows up :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    speaking of the fur ball where's he been?
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    speaking of the fur ball where's he been?

He's around.... He's in VA right now, last I heard still knee deep in bird crap cleaning out his flooded storage lockers that had all his light inventory for the job he's doing lol.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    Another nice cd spinner, if your into collecting those, is the Jolida 100t , a tubed spinner with awesome sound. Keep an eye out for one as they don't come up often.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verb

I'm in! Whiskey and Donuts - perfect pairing! :smile:
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    If you buy the right kind of whiskey, the doughnuts* can fit on the neck of the bottle.

*The word "donut" is trademarked by Dunkin Brands franchising and any use without the express written consent of the trademark owner violates all kinds of persnickety intellectual property rights and will result in various degrees of hullaballoo.
  • verb
    Got me thinking :smile:
    zx9ividl8f8r.png
  • Viking64
    I would try to squeeze that don....doughnut into that glass and drink the whiskey through the hole. *mad skilz, brah.
  • verb
    I imagine you can accomplish that feat without your hands! :smile:
  • Viking64

STRAWS ARE THE ANTICHRIST!!!!!
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    Another nice spinner,

Keep an eye out for one as they don't come up often.

Yeah, she’s a 5’6” blonde/redhead 36-24-36 and “hangry” for GlennDog!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • verb
    So the EAD arrived today! Came with an Ensemble Digiflux Coax cable. This thing is a beast, for a CD player! 1/4" thick machined aluminum faceplate! Looks to be in excellent condition. More to come!
    yl63pey66nsr.jpg

• verb
    Viking64 wrote: »

STRAWS ARE THE ANTICHRIST!!!!!

I was referring to accurately inserting the donut into the glass! :smile:
  • tonyb
    So the EAD arrived today! Came with an Ensemble Digiflux Coax cable. This thing is a beast, for a CD player! 1/4" thick machined aluminum faceplate! Looks to be in excellent condition. More to come!
    yl63pey66nsr.jpg

Cool man, stout like I said to expect. Should do well for a cd spinner. Let us know how she sounds.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    What's the verdict on this baby, a keeper or a boat anchor ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • verb
    What's the verdict on this baby, a keeper or a boat anchor ? :)

Had it hooked up to the nearfield setup and the Marantz AMP-1 initially. Works great so far. No critical listening yet, but since I've moved it to the big rig in the basement. Got an Essence DAC to put it through it's paces.
  • Viking64
    Got an Essence DAC to put it through it's paces.

When you get everything set up, will you deny women your essence? :o

7iazc8kk9575.jpg
  • verb
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Got an Essence DAC to put it through it's paces.

When you get everything set up, will you deny women your essence? :o

7iazc8kk9575.jpg

But of course Mandrake! My essence, and everything that goes with it! :smile:
  • verb
    So today I moved the EAD from the basement, back to the office. The Cambridge CXC transport that I recently received started to act wonky, so I'm gonna return it. Connected to the Marantz AMP-1, it's sounding pretty sweet. Love the Pioneer Stable Platter!

And yes, I've made a few rookie mistakes by not placing the label side of the CD down!

eakb7jlns3o9.jpg

Tears for Fears playing right now. Saturnine Martial & Lunatic, really good album!
  • verb
    So I was off today (and for the rest of the year!) :smile: Finally had a chance to hook this baby up to the big rig. And, my new Northstar DAC! More comments to follow, but all I can say is wow! I know it's not a fair fight, but the Marantz CD6006 vs. this transport/DAC combo, is, well, no comparison! :smile:
    wsus4yy1xpsx.jpg
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Nice!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • tonyb
    So she's a keeper then, congrats man.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Now think of how good it will sound when you spike that rack!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    You have tons of time off from work right now! No excuses!