SDA CRS, Blade/Blade with SL2000 tweeters, stock crossovers.

I got these in trade from @CH46E.. I like these speakers, but I don’t like them as much as any of my other pairs of speakers so they generally are left in the closet. The SDA effect does work, and it is very cool, but they are a bit bright for me and I don’t want to pay for the RD0 replacement tweeters when I already have several pairs of speakers I like more. I want to be done with audio for a while, and I don’t feel like storing these.
So, I’m gonna let them go. They are in perfect functional condition, with no issues whatsoever. One of the MW drivers’ connector tabs is a bit loose, and the connector on the end of the wire was missing, so I clamped a new connector on. I also put glue on the magnets to keep them from slipping. Dimensional tweeters are unplugged, but I can plug them back in if you want.
Cosmetically they are fair. Finish is pretty good on one speaker, with just a few nicks here and there, and the back corners damaged. The other speaker is also pretty good other than the right side, on which the veneer is really peeling.
Can’t seem to find what the normal going rate is, so I’m gonna say $150 if you have more than 100 posts, $175 if you don’t.
Local pickup only, although I may offer shipping in the future.
I’ll post some pics once I get them out of my closet. :)

Comments

• CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    They were a great sounding set. And had I not had a very hyper Belgian Malinois, I might have picked up some nice stands and kept them for the living room. All the drivers and PR were on really good shape.

GLWTS Micha.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    That's a deal for sure!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Where is local? GLWYS. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Dabutcher wrote: »
    Where is local? GLWYS. Peace. D

Ugh, it seems like I forget this every single time I sell something.
    45 minutes North of Orlando, FL.
  • mlistens03
    Forgot to mention, I do not have the SDA cable. If you like, I could provide you with a 8 foot piece of Monoprice cable, although I think most of you here have a spare blade/blade cable lying around. :)
  • CH46E
    edited October 2018
    Micha, you are welcome to use my place as a middle meeting point if someone in S. Florida wants them. As you already know I'm 45 min east of Orlando on the coast. Anything I can do to help just let me know.
  • mlistens03
    CH46E wrote: »
    Micha, you are welcome to use my place as a middle meeting point if someone in S. Florida wants them. As you already know I'm 45 min east of Orlando on the coast. Anything I can do to help just let me know.

Thanks! :)
  • CH46E
    I think your price is very good. Last few I've seen sell was just around $300.00
  • mlistens03
    I think your price is very good. Last few I've seen sell was just around $300.00

Woah, I’m selling these cheaper than I thought. I’ll leave the prices the same though, y’all have helped me, and that help (and the friendships I’ve made) is worth a heckuva lot more than an extra $100.
  • verb

There’s a minty pair on CL here in Detroit for 3 hundie.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    verb wrote: »

What is keeping them from being mint?
  • mlistens03
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »

What is keeping them from being mint?

Talking about mine? In that case, quite a lot.
  • Viking64
    mlistens03 wrote: »

No, the "minty" pair from Detroit he mentioned. Please, PLEASE tell me you guys don't use the word "minty" to mean the same thing as "mint", because that level of ghey would just be off the charts. :o
  • mlistens03

No, the "minty" pair from Detroit he mentioned. Please, PLEASE tell me you guys don't use the word "minty" to mean the same thing as "mint", because that level of ghey would just be off the charts. :o

I don’t. Minty to me is new in box. Like new is an immaculate but used product.
  • Viking64

That's "mint" though. I thought "minty" was "not quite mint", as in "mintish".

Even worse is "no brainer". That sounds like something someone with no brain would do or say. :p
  • mlistens03

That's "mint" though. I thought "minty" was "not quite mint", as in "mintish".

Even worse is "no brainer". That sounds like something someone with no brain would do or say. :p

Wait, so hold on, let me get this straight...
    Mint= new in box
    Minty/like new= immaculate but used product
    Good, fair, etc. everyone knows those.
    And then no brainer = zombie? :p
  • Viking64

Mint= new in box
    HAHAHA NO!

Well, not "new in box". But things that are indistinguishable from new are considered "mint". Things that are close, say a rating of 8 or 9 out of 10, are considered "near mint". And "minty"? That should not be used by straight people. :/
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    would you like a minty Jim ? :*
  • Viking64
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    would you like a minty Jim ? :*

I COULD OF used one last night. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • verb

Mint= new in box
    HAHAHA NO!

Well, not "new in box". But things that are indistinguishable from new are considered "mint". Things that are close, say a rating of 8 or 9 out of 10, are considered "near mint". And "minty"? That should not be used by straight people. :/

Adding cultural etiquette to your repertoire? Minty Jimmy? :smile:
  • verb
    For the record, please find below to the aforementioned "minty" pair. I actually looked at these, same seller I bought a pair of "minty" 5JR's from. He would not budge lower than $250, so I passed on it. That was almost 2 months ago.
    xwhysozf5qng.png

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ele/d/pair-of-polk-audio-sda/6691878701.html
  • CH46E
    I actually kind of miss these. Far better than the KEF K120 I put in their void.
  • mlistens03
    Bump for cyber Monday! forgot to do it this morning, so from now till midnight.
    $150 for less than 100 posts, $135 for 100 posts or more. :)
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Dang Micah... this is a killer deal!

Why are these still here?
  • mlistens03
    scubalab wrote: »
    Dang Micah... this is a killer deal!

Why are these still here?

Not many Polkies in FL... Only other one I know of is CH46E, which I got these from.
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    And "minty"? That should not be used by straight people. :/
    I think that depends on which set of "Double Mint" twins you prefer :p

If I lived closer, these speakers would be MINE. GLWTS
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • Viking64
    edited November 2018
    jdjohn wrote: »

The ones with the tight white sweaters? I remember them well. :p

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Micah. Now that I use the "Recent Discussions" link, I don't realize this is a classified thread. :D
  • mlistens03
    jdjohn wrote: »

The ones with the tight white sweaters? I remember them well. :p

EDIT: Whoops, sorry Micah. Now that I use the "Recent Discussions" link, I don't realize this is a classified thread. :D

No worries. I was part of the discussion in this thread earlier. :)