Come on Polkies... let's help this little boy.

Options
2-year-old recovering after quad amputation

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. - A little boy was forced to have a quadruple amputation after a mystery illness attacked his body.
Jeremiah Thompson's parents says they thought they were dreaming as they watched the bacteria take over his body. Days before he got sick in late September, he was at the park running and jumping. But what started as a fever escalated to a near death mystery illness.
Doctor's say although this was a life altering decision for this child, the quadruple amputation saved his life.
"It was the fever of 104, that's when I knew something was wrong," mom Ashley Cox said.
From that point on, Ashley says everything happened so fast. She felt like she was in a movie. After getting to the hospital a mystery bacteria started to take over her son's body.
"And my son's covered now from head to toe in these purple like and it wasn't little dots now it was big ole blotches that was just taking over. It was scary," Ashley said.
"When he came in he was in septic shock. And septic shock really we talk about the golden hour. One hour from the time you get sick to get those antibiotics in so that you need fewer things down the road," Dr. Alyson Baker said.
The pediatric ICU team at Riley Hospital for Children says killing the bacteria with antibiotics was their first priority.
They had to kill the bacteria before it killed Jeremiah. But because they gave Jeremiah antibiotics, that means they'll never know what type of bacteria was in his body or what caused it. The mystery illness did have enough time to cut off his circulation. Amputation was the next and only option.
"That was necessary because you can't continue to have portions of your body attached to you that are no longer alive. That's just a huge risk for an infection,” Dr. Baker said.
"Letting the Lord in my life, in her life, and our kids life now it made us stronger to fight this battle it made us so much stronger and I'm thankful," Jeremiah's dad Nicholas Thompson said.
Mom and dad say they've surrendered to God’s will and trust brighter days ahead will outweigh this dark time.
"One day my son could be the top designer of prosthetic legs and arms because he went through this. He can do anything in his lifetime. This might stop him now, but I think the future can be bright for him," Nicholas said.
Jeremiah is in rehab now. No word on will he'll get to go home. His family says they are overwhelmed with the prayers and support. Their message to other parents, follow your instincts if you think something is wrong with your child.
If you want to help this family, visit their GoFundMe page.

https://www.gofundme.com/support-jeremiahs-family
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    That is so sad. I can’t imagine it.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    Wow, that is crazy. Praying for him and his family.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    I made a donation... I encourage others to do the same.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Donated. Thanks for sharing the story. So sad, those photos are heartbreaking.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant