Showcase your setups

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Thanks Victor!

It really is a shame that I haven't really spent a lot of time with this setup just yet. Heck, I've had the speakers from Jesse since June and the integrated from Ryan for at least 5-6 weeks. I've probably only spent a total of 1/2 hour listening before moving the setup into our guest bedroom yesterday. I spent about 45 minutes listening to some records and streamed music yesterday and was truly blown away. I can only imagine how much better it will sound when I get it set up in a more ideal configuration.

Also forgot to list the Zu Audio Libtec speaker cables that are still burning in.

Looking at some of the other systems in this thread... man, there are some absolutely beautiful setups some folks have!!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    scubalab wrote: »
    Not final yet and in a temporary location, but man, am I loving the 2-channel setup!

tz0ry3ogbk9a.jpeg

Vincent SV-236MK integrated amp (from @ZLTFUL )
    Cambridge Audio 651P phono pre (from @Rick88 )
    Polk Audio RTA11 speakers (from @F1nut )
    Audio Technical AT-LP120-USB (purchased locally)
    5-shelf glass rack (from @stangman67 )

Looking great Al! Bet that sounds fantastic
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Side note that the AQ power change I just made seemed to center the bass more and seamless than before. Thank You for the thought though my man!
    No Problem. Good to hear that you figured it out. I'm my experience, the larger centers that I've used like the CS1000p, LSiM706c, and now my current Boston VR920 all helped in center anchoring of the bass. You hear it right away going from a smaller center to a larger one....provided the sub is already well integrated.

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Scuba, those pads isolate that TT pretty well? I know they do mine.

And did they finally air out....lol.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    joecoulson wrote: »
    I’m confused

So is Russ
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Scuba, those pads isolate that TT pretty well? I know they do mine.

And did they finally air out....lol.

LOL - yes, they did finally air out! I didn’t notice a huge difference, but they did help isolate the TT a little. The visible movement of the drivers is all but gone. They isolated the Audio Technical TT better than the Rega or the MCS. Good thing too since that’s the table that’s staying.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    ^^^Sweet! Gotta get back over there for some listening time. Rock on Victor!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    lightman1 wrote: »
    ^^^Sweet! Gotta get back over there for some listening time. Rock on Victor!

You bet Russ!!

DSkip wrote: »
    halo wrote: »
    3yym72ct6y23.jpg

1. Spikes.
    2. Toe them in.
    3. Grills off when listening.
    4. At some points I've also tried elevating the rear more than the front. Play with that and see if it improves.

Thanks for the tips Skip!

Can’t do spikes on the composite flooring and still be able to move them around. I’ll think about the spikes when I get them placed optimally.

They are toed in. lol. I need to toe in the right a little more. Where do you recommend the tweeter placement? Directly at the ears? ? # of inches outside the ears? I have to buy a longer power cable so I can move the whole rack, and speakers, to the left.

Ok on the grills off. :)

I can try elevating the rear :)

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    I liked them about 6" off axis from my ears. I also liked them more when my ears were level with the woofer.

My ears sit a bit higher than most people when listening. I’m 6’ 3” and sit kinda high up in the wheelchair compared to an able bodied person sitting lower in a recliner or on a couch. ;)

I will keep adjusting as best I can to get great results.

These speakers look fantastic. The finish is smooth as glass. They had some smudges and spots on them when they got here but I used Über rinseless car wash, mixed with distilled water, applied with a Chemical Guys microfiber towel.

Wondering if any of the past owners put a coat of auto wax on these? @vcwatkins @kharp1 Perhaps the original owner Craig got them from on eBay?

I talked to Dave @daboyz and he just used a damp cloth.
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    No. I never used anything other than a damp microfiber cloth. I did use a piece of gym floor mat as cushion for a 25lb hexagonal dumbbell placed on top of the speakers. I did this to determine if I wanted to order shot for the fill pockets. I did notice improvement by adding weight.
  • halo
    kharp1 wrote: »
    No. I never used anything other than a damp microfiber cloth. I did use a piece of gym floor mat as cushion for a 25lb hexagonal dumbbell placed on top of the speakers. I did this to determine if I wanted to order shot for the fill pockets. I did notice improvement by adding weight.

Thanks Kerry :)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    Skip

Are these the same as what I heard at your old place?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Skip

I don't remember you hearing a pair of 6311, but these are the same ones I owned. You heard the Mini X.

I heard those if you had them. I recall comparing them to the minix
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    Skip

I don't remember you hearing a pair of 6311, but these are the same ones I owned. You heard the Mini X.

you heard the usher 6381's along with the mini dancer 2 at my house.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Kinda hokey compared to to others here but great ambiance.

1s0dq58z2i8i.jpg

That an HD radio tuner in that rack?
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    halo wrote: »
    I liked them about 6" off axis from my ears. I also liked them more when my ears were level with the woofer.

My ears sit a bit higher than most people when listening. I’m 6’ 3” and sit kinda high up in the wheelchair compared to an able bodied person sitting lower in a recliner or on a couch. ;)

I will keep adjusting as best I can to get great results.

These speakers look fantastic. The finish is smooth as glass. They had some smudges and spots on them when they got here but I used Über rinseless car wash, mixed with distilled water, applied with a Chemical Guys microfiber towel.

Wondering if any of the past owners put a coat of auto wax on these? @vcwatkins @kharp1 Perhaps the original owner Craig got them from on eBay?

I talked to Dave @daboyz and he just used a damp cloth.

I bought them used in South Carolina. Don't think the original owner did anything. I generally use a dry microfiber cloth. It's possible I used a bit of the Gibson guitar polish; not certain.

My preferred placement was a bit wider than usual (probably close to an equilateral triangle) and toed in to a few degrees outside of direct line (a few feet behind listener's noggin). I did not try adjusting up/down and never got around to adding weight.

Nice rig, enjoy!
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • halo
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    I bought them used in South Carolina. Don't think the original owner did anything. I generally use a dry microfiber cloth. It's possible I used a bit of the Gibson guitar polish; not certain.

My preferred placement was a bit wider than usual (probably close to an equilateral triangle) and toed in to a few degrees outside of direct line (a few feet behind listener's noggin). I did not try adjusting up/down and never got around to adding weight.

Nice rig, enjoy!

I read through the thread when you bought them from the original owner on eBay with local pickup. Heck of a deal you got on these many moons ago :)
    la2vegas wrote: »
    That's a wonderful product, especially on the piano black found on the LSI lineup. m543ukmroi00.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2018
    Some of you guys take this shet way to serious.

Some really nice rooms as well as setups.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    @jonicont.... sorry, but I have to ask... who in their right mind hangs a cutout of a Mustang II on their wall? :p;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jonicont
    jonicont Posts: 277
    @jonicont.... sorry, but I have to ask... who in their right mind hangs a cutout of a Mustang II on their wall? :p;)

😄😄😄😄 good eye! From a great song about racing called Daddy's Cup
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=McW2NwWtR9E
    SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• jonicont

Custom piece from an artist named Ben Lamb. He does a lot of Rock and movie themed pieces. Also happens to be the bass player for Lydia Loveless. https://www.etsy.com/shop/3rdShiftDesigner/items

That's the songwriter sitting in the car. It's 3 dimensional

0cba19m7alpx.jpg

SDA 2BTL, VPI Prime, Soundsmith Zephyr MKIII, Rogue Ares Magnum, McCormack DNA 0.5 Gold, ARC LS-17se, Cambridge cxn v2, MIT AVT MA ic’s and speaker cables, ps audio stellar power plant 3

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited October 2018
    EDIT: oops.
    Irrelevant, immaterial, inadmissible.
    (well, it was redundant, at any rate)
    :p

sorry!
  • Joey_V
    marvda1 wrote: »
    Skip

you heard the usher 6381's along with the mini dancer 2 at my house.

That’s right
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    EDIT: oops.
    Irrelevant, immaterial, inadmissible.
    (well, it was redundant, at any rate)
    :p

sorry!

Alright now you have piqued, peeked, and peaked my interest. It's not too, to, or two late to retype your, you're, and yore comment. There, their, they're is still time, thyme. Although the parsley, sage, and rosemary is in a different thread.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    jonicont wrote: »
    15'x18' room

What's driving the Focal bookies?
  • jonicont
    edited October 2018
    Clipdat wrote: »
    15'x18' room

What's driving the Focal bookies?

some Yamaha av receiver. 100w/ch IIRC. going on 18 years. used it in the kids playroom

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    edited October 2018

Custom piece from an artist named Ben Lamb. He does a lot of Rock and movie themed pieces. Also happens to be the bass player for Lydia Loveless. https://www.etsy.com/shop/3rdShiftDesigner/items

That's the songwriter sitting in the car. It's 3 dimensional

0cba19m7alpx.jpg

and it's a Cobra......