A beautiful day...

Just sitting in my music room listening to some Linda Ronstadt while the rain hits the window behind me. Not much better than this.

Not often am I able to listen to music when it rains, usually it is accompanied by lightning but not this time.

Sometimes I just have to stop and enjoy life.
Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
" I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
"Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
"Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
"Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited September 2018
    But the sound from the rain coming down raises the noise floor! :tired_face:
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    But the sound from the rain coming down raises the noise floor! :tired_face:

No one raises the floor, we just raise the roof ya dig?

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Sometimes I just have to stop and enjoy life.

Profound words. And true.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited September 2018
    Great atmosphere description. Love those kinds of listening sessions.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg wrote: »
    Great atmosphere description. Love those kinds of listening sessions.

What can I say, ima word smith ya know?

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,922
    speaking of [It's A] Beautiful Day...

https://youtu.be/XUNgQ03D2qA
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Hasn't rained here since April. Hopefully, it will start in a couple of months. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    Hasn't rained here since April. Hopefully, it will start in a couple of months. :)

We are past our rain season so it was an anomaly of sorts.

• I enjoy some of U2s tunes but for some reason never got really into them. Today I am feeling something funky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI-t1I_ppL8

• mhardy6647
    Yeah, I, too (and FWIW), am by and large not a huge U2 fan, although there are a couple of their songs that I do quite like.
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »

I saw them in concert back in the day! Brings back a lot of memories!
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • mhardy6647
    mark090852 wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I saw them in concert back in the day! Brings back a lot of memories!

Wow. That's impressive.
    White Bird is a phenomenal song.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    WOW, that's something that needs to be played more that it does!

Reminds me of wildfire in a way.
    https://youtu.be/Pc3OnSQc48s
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Whenever I'm in the mood for this type of music I like America. Ventura Highway is a good song for this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjgCqbPGq2A
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    smglbrth wrote: »
    Whenever I'm in the mood for this type of music I like America. Ventura Highway is a good song for this...

I really like "America's Greatest Hits". That is probably the one compilation from the 70s that I bought that had the highest percentage of songs familiar to me at the time. Another good one for that mood is "The Anthology of Bread".
  • Tony M
    The songs by/from "America" calms the nerves. ;) I know. Kept a CD in the car and near the cottage entrance stereo for years.
  • mhardy6647
    After 9/11/2001, I went for a few days with absolutely no desire to listen to any music at all. The first song I played to break that silence (and it was silent in those days -- the lack of any air traffic was eerie) was very deliberately chosen.

https://youtu.be/4i12P_kv6z4
    Underneath the mask of the sulphur sky
    A bunch of us were busy waiting,
    Watching the people looking ill-at-ease,
    Watching the fraying rope get closer to breaking

Women and men moved back and forth
    In between effect and cause
    And just beyond the range of normal sight
    This glittering joker was dancing in the dragon's jaws

Let me be a little of your breath
    Moving over the face of the deep --
    I want to be a particle of your light
    Flowing over the hills of morning

The only sign you gave of who you were
    When you first came walking down the road,
    Was the way the dust motes danced around
    Your feet in a cloud of gold

But everything you see's not the way it seems --
    Tears can sing and joy shed tears.
    You can take the wisdom of this world
    And give it to the ones who think it all ends here
    source: http://cockburnproject.net/songs&music/hom.html

• BlueFox
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    After 9/11/2001, I went for a few days with absolutely no desire to listen to any music at all. The first song I played to break that silence (and it was silent in those days -- the lack of any air traffic was eerie) was very deliberately chosen.

I also remember the lack of noise from no air traffic. You don't realize how much noise planes make, even thousands of feet up, until they are gone.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited September 2018
    BlueFox wrote: »
    You don't realize how much noise planes make, even thousands of feet up, until they are gone.
    Haha, trust me, I realize exactly how much noise they make. I live in Alameda right under the flight path of planes taking off from Oakland airport.
  • Tony M
    I'm under a flight path here in Wilm. NC. too.

I broke the news about those attacks to about a hundred people that morning.

I carried a portable radio in my delivery truck and I was listening to some duo comedy show and they were so struck by the attacks, they quit airing their comedy show like they said they would do if this was what it seemed.

I don't even remember their show's name, their names or whatever happened to them. They were on a rock channel but that's all I remember. It was hair raising to listen to that broadcast and to hear about all aircraft ( Almost) was to be grounded for a while.

Here, the past couple of weeks, I didn't hear any aircraft for a couple of days either. Then the BIG aircraft and helicopters started flying above. I now see the passenger planes again BUT not near as many as before yet. :/
  • verb
    I may be weird but at the old house we lived near a municial airport. I loved to observe the aircraft flying overhead if the prevailing winds dictated it. Like a car show to me!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mhardy6647
    I love everything about aircraft & flying as well -- except traveling on commercial airlines in the 21st Century!
  • BlueFox
    I like planes also. I worked on the F4B while in the Navy, and Beechcraft, and transient aircraft, at Dulles International. I learned how to fly sailplanes in San Jose, and powered aircraft in San Luis Obispo. While planes are fun, the noise from airplanes is truly annoying.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb wrote: »
    I may be weird but at the old house we lived near a municial airport. I loved to observe the aircraft flying overhead if the prevailing winds dictated it. Like a car show to me!

My apartment used to be near a municipal airport as well. I loved driving while they took off above me, always made me think of hopping on a plane and going well anywhere.

One day two planes collided and fell onto a major street around 5pm, good thing no one was driving under them at that time.

• verb
    OMG! Wow!
  • verb wrote: »
    OMG! Wow!

Yeah and they fell onto the street my wife normally uses to get home, thankfully she got off earlier that day. Gotta count ya blessings. 1,2,5...did I do that right?

• verb
    verb wrote: »
    OMG! Wow!

Yeah and they fell onto the street my wife normally uses to get home, thankfully she got off earlier that day. Gotta count ya blessings. 1,2,5...did I do that right?

Yes blessed for sure. 5+ and counting! Good to reflect on those times and affirm the guardian angels at work!