Any doctors in the house... I mean, forum?

Options

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I don’t ever black out, I said my vision goes black. That means, I can’t see for a few seconds, and I hold myself up. I fell over once, because I didn’t think about it and lost my balance, without something nearby for me to grab onto.
    If it was my choice, I would probably go to the doctor, even though I’m in no way worried about it. But, it isnt, it’s my parents choice, and I’m not worried enough to argue with them and try to get them to take me to the doctor. I can’t legally drive myself there, and even if I could, I don’t have enough money for it.
    My next checkup is in a few months, and my last one was a month and a half ago, 2 weeks or so after this started.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Wolf! Wolf!

Why don't you pick on someone your own size...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Wolf! Wolf!
    Not at all what I’m trying to do, sorry if my answer disappoints you.
  • krazypolk
    Options
    Wolf! Wolf!

Why don't you pick on someone your own size...

Really? I'm sending CPS over to his place to do a wellness check and now I'm picking on him? If that's the case you should pick on him as much as me.
  • mlistens03
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Seriously?
    I’m totally fine. Yes, this is a thing but it’s nothing you should be worried about. I’ll be fine until my checkup in a few months.
    If you could cancel that in some way or another that would be great.
    My parents aren’t in any way bad parents, they are some of the greatest I know actually. They tend to know when things will be fine or not, they haven’t been wrong yet.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,972
    Options
    If you do get the battery blood pressure machine be sure to take it with you when you finally make it to a doctpor's office. Check it against what they read to be sure it is accurate. Also, be sure to attach it correctly to your arm. My wife the nurse had a field day with me when she saw me use it for the 1st time.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • krazypolk
    Options
    Pipe down kid! It's for your own good.
  • Nhpenn
    Options
    I've got pretty much the same thing, I always figure it was like physics, blood is affected by gravity, stand up to fast the blood can't keep up, pretty simple, dosent bother me. That being said I have a friend with similar symptoms not the same, but close, caused by a pinched nerve in his neck resulting in optical brain damage.
  • codycatalist
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    In recent weeks I’ve been having issues when I stand up. What’ll happen is, I’ll stand up, and then my vision will go black, and I’ll occasionally fall on my face after that. I’ve put up with it, thinking it would be a passing thing, but it hasn’t gone away, and it’s super annoying to stand up and then feel like your gonna pass out.
    Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Micah

Am I the only one who thinks this is fake? I mean really?
    How many would black out and not go to the doctor like right away?
    Hope you get the help you need if indeed you're suffering from this Micah, but it just doesn't seem really believable that medical attention wouldn't be the first thing on one's mind.

Me...it's happened to me on several occasions. I've blacked out from a deep yawn/stretch when starting to get up out of bed. Face first on the hardwood floor. Has happened from laughing hysterically and hyperventilating. I didn't run to the dr. I don't even have a GP any longer. Not one of those things that really concerns me.

A goiter the size of a baseball on side of my neck is another matter all together.

Yeah I have been getting what I call head rushes for YEARS. They have been worse the last 6 or 7 years to where my vision goes out but I never pass out or become close. Just have to close my eyes for 5 seconds until it comes back. Never went to a Dr but this thread has me thinking I should. I am underweight for my natural BMI but I have one overactive thyroid.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Jetmaker737
    Options
    I want this kid and his dad on my side for any fights!
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • krazypolk
    Options

Just have them both stand up slowly otherwise you might be on your own.
  • mlistens03
    Options

Hey seriously, cancel it. I’ll be fine, I’m sure. The doctor did all sorts of blood work last month, I’m sure he knew about it.

I think I’d want my dad. Not so sure about me though... I’m strong, but I’m not sure I could take down a full grown adult... yet. ;)
  • Jetmaker737
    Options
    Just have them both stand up slowly otherwise you might be on your own.

Good one :)
    SystemLuxman L-590AXII Integrated Amplifier|KEF Reference 1 Loudspeakers|PS Audio Directream Jr|Sansui TU-9900 Tuner|TEAC A-6100 RtR|Nakamichi RX-202 Cassette
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Be thankful, I shart my pants everytime I stand up.

You wear pants? Terribly inconvenient wouldn’t you say? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • krazypolk
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Be thankful, I shart my pants everytime I stand up.

You wear pants? Terribly inconvenient wouldn’t you say? :smile:

It Depends....
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Sounds like TSB?
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I mean if you don’t want advice, don’t ask.

If one of my kids passed out you’d better believe I’d be getting to the bottom of it.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I mean if you don’t want advice, don’t ask.

Passing out is never normal. If one of my kids passed you’d better believe I’d be getting to the bottom of it.

As I said, I didn't pass out. I lost my balance because I forgot about this. Usually, I just hold myself up. All that happens is I feel dizzy, I can't see for a few seconds, then I'm fine.
    I'm regretting asking at this point, but that's another story.
    And, I did want advice, and I want to take it, but my parents have final say. I'm not worried about it enough to argue with them. And, I might add, I didn't realize before I started the thread that this runs in our family and that for all of them, it is nothing to worry about.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    My apologies “vision going black and falling” sounds like passing/blacking out to me.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    It is normal to get a little light headed from getting up to quick, but that’s not the same as vision loss.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    My apologies “vision going black and falling” sounds like passing/blacking out to me.

I reread my post once it was too late to edit it, and saw that too. Sorry.
  • ken brydson
    Options

Hey seriously, cancel it. I’ll be fine, I’m sure. The doctor did all sorts of blood work last month, I’m sure he knew about it.

I think I’d want my dad. Not so sure about me though... I’m strong, but I’m not sure I could take down a full grown adult... yet. ;)

OK, my BS meter is pegged on this. He originally says these symptoms have been over the last 3 weeks. Now he says he had blood work a month ago and nothing came up.

Also says the DR should have known if something was amiss. Sorry, a Dr can't diagnose symptoms he/she doesn't know about.

Also, what blood tests are done on a 14-15 year old at a checkup? None...

Also, if you feel you're having health issues at 15, why would you ask opinions from strangers on an internet forum instead of your parents?

Sorry to be skeptical but I think we're being J'd off. If not I hope he's an only child....
  • mlistens03
    Options
    I'm not trying to mess with you guys. And, I don't actually have a time frame on when this all happened except for before I went to the doctor. heck, it coulda been July.
    If you want, call me a liar and have Ken delete this thread, that's fine by me. I was regretting starting it anyway.
    I thought I'd ask you guys because a lot of you are very knowledgeable in this area. and, I've asked before, but they've simply said "you're ok, don't worry about it" without explaining.
    I'll continue to answer your questions, but I just realized I have to do something right now, I lost track of time. I'll be back in an hour or so.
    They did do a blood test, by the way, they pricked my finger and checked it. Not sure why, but they did.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    You have the cooties.....
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I'm not trying to mess with you guys. And, I don't actually have a time frame on when this all happened except for before I went to the doctor. heck, it coulda been July.
    If you want, call me a liar and have Ken delete this thread, that's fine by me. I was regretting starting it anyway.
    I thought I'd ask you guys because a lot of you are very knowledgeable in this area. and, I've asked before, but they've simply said "you're ok, don't worry about it" without explaining.
    I'll continue to answer your questions, but I just realized I have to do something right now, I lost track of time. I'll be back in an hour or so.
    They did do a blood test, by the way, they pricked my finger and checked it. Not sure why, but they did.

Hey, I’m not in a position to doubt you. I hope you can get to a doctor soon.

Best wishes.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mlistens03
    Options

OK, my BS meter is pegged on this. He originally says these symptoms have been over the last 3 weeks. Now he says he had blood work a month ago and nothing came up.

Also says the DR should have known if something was amiss. Sorry, a Dr can't diagnose symptoms he/she doesn't know about.

Also, what blood tests are done on a 14-15 year old at a checkup? None...

Also, if you feel you're having health issues at 15, why would you ask opinions from strangers on an internet forum instead of your parents?

Sorry to be skeptical but I think we're being J'd off. If not I hope he's an only child....

Ok, I'm back.
    I thought that if a doctor checked my blood pressure, that he would know if something was amiss there.
    I think maybe why they did blood work was that last time I was at the Dr's was for a broken arm, which required surgery, with rods in my arm.
    I'll say again, I'm not trying to trick you guys, what reason would I have for that?
    Sorry that I started this thread in the first place.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    I would suggest on you insisting on having your parents take you to the doctor, that is what insurance is for. For them to deny to do so for whatever reason equals neglect!

You are a minor and they are responsible for your well-being, regardless of the cost, or inconvenience. If you do a face plant at the wrong time or in the wrong place you could end up dead.

I don't care if every member of your family has had this happen, it needs to be checked out by a doctor.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • mlistens03
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I would suggest on you insisting on having your parents take you to the doctor, that is what insurance is for. For them to deny to do so for whatever reason equals neglect!

You are a minor and they are responsible for your well-being, regardless of the cost, or inconvenience. If you do a face plant at the wrong time or in the wrong place you could end up dead.

I don't care if every member of your family has had this happen, it needs to be checked out by a doctor.

I plan on it. But, if worse comes to worse, and we don't go, I'll be fine.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,042
    Options
    @mlistens03 three sentence rule man... Typing a post longer than 3 sentences... Delete it.

Trust me
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    VR3 wrote: »
    @mlistens03 three sentence rule man... Typing a post longer than 3 sentences... Delete it.

Trust me

May I ask why? For now, I'll simply trust you, but I would like to know why.