I Love You Mom

2»

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    So sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my mom 3 years ago and I miss her every day.
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Sorry for your loss.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    Best wishes. You're in my thoughts.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited September 2018
    I am saddened to hear of your mother's passing... May you and your family find comfort knowing she is at peace. It's strange, but after loosing my mom last year, she has found ways of saying hello and bringing a smile to my face. Last month, while staying at her place back in Minnesota, I was looking at a quilt she had made while eating my favorite Old Dutch potato chips. I said out loud, "I love you Mom", while touching the quilt...

Next chip out of the bag had a perfectly formed heart burned through the middle of the chip! I told my wife about it and showed her the chip and she believed right away, but my mom's boyfriend(he bought her place) thought it was nuts, until we went outside... on the windshield of our rental car was another HUGE, PERFECTLY SHAPED HEART left behind in the morning dew! He and I both lost composure as tears formed in his eyes as they did mine.

There have been a multitude of things that have happened like this since she passed.

Keep her in your heart, and Nooshin and I will keep you and yours in our prayers.

John
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    My condolences to you and your family
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Sorry to read of this sir; my sympathy, empathy and condolences to you and family.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    THANK YOU all for the kind words.

You people are first class all the way!!!!!

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Sorry to hear that sad news but glad your remembering some of those good times.

For us who have seen our Mothers pass over, we know just how hard it is for they endured 9 months to bring us into this world and then cared for us for another 2 years till we were maybe potty trained. Then they care for us till we leave home or even stay. They're almost always there for us.

We usually only have one Mother and it seems most of us LOVE the Mother we have and couldn't see growing up with any other Mother than who gave birth to us.

What a bond we have or had and we DO know or feel we'll meet again someday.

She sounds like she was strong and a GREAT MOM to you.

Condolences and prayers sent your way.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I'm reminded often of my late Mom, who passed away a few years ago. One who gave me life, raised me, put up with my transgressions, always patient and loving. Although in the day to day I seldom recognized it.

After I moved out of state and had my own kids did I fully recognize the enduring love only a mother can give. To this day I now cherish the very best she gave me, my 2 brothers, and 3 sisters!

I love you Mom! Rest well in Heaven!

Your's too my brother Dave! May she rest in peace.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • My deepest condolences to you and your family. May your Mom find the eternal peace. I will include her on my prayers tonight.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Very sorry to hear of your loss, you have our deepest condolences.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Very sorry for your loss. May your lifetime of memories comfort you during this difficult time.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Condolences
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    My condolences on your loss
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    It's tough losing Mom. I lost my Mom last year...couldn't do anymore chemo, then dad passed unexpectedly 2 weeks later. It was a suck year, but I'm glad my Dad didn't have to suffer without her. Seeing him in emotional pain was the hardest part.

God bless you, buddy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • My condolences on the loss of your Mother, the bond between a Mother and child is never broken. Peace be with you...
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Sorry to hear this. Condolences to your family.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Sorry about your loss. My condolences
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Sorry for your loss. Prayers.
    Epson 3020 projector. Da Lite screen. Oppo 103. Yamaha CXA5000. B&K 7250ii. HSU VTF2. Def Tech Supercube 4000. Polk Rtia9 CsiA6 FxiA6. Monster hts 2600. Home theater.

Bedroom consist of NHT model 2 powered by Parasound hca1200ii coming from my computer.

Stuff laying around. Too much to list but don't want to sell either.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    So sorry for your loss. Sounds like your Mom was awesome and you have lots of great memories that will stay with you forever.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Sorry to hear of your loss.....prayers your way
  • starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    My sincere condolences to you and your family, lost my mom 10years ago and there is rarely a day goes by without thinking about her !
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited September 2018
    So sorry for your loss. Went to my mom's birthday party yesterday and gave her an extra hug for you.
  • @oldrocker,

Dave, I'm sorry for your loss.

May God lead you through your grieving.

@nooshinjohn commented on some remarkable occurrences after his mother passed away. His experience reminded me of mine following my father's death in 1990.

He was a big fan of morel mushrooms, which he gathered in the woods on his Indiana farm every year.

In California during the spring after he died, two morel mushrooms sprung up in one of the flower beds by our house. After that, we had no more.

In 1997 during the first spring after we moved to New Hampshire, two morels sprung up in the flower bed beside the door we aways use to enter the house. After that, I have seen no morels on our property.

Again, my condolences to you and your family.
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    My deepest condolences.