New Speakers? Carver ALS opinions please...

Options
Looking at these. I have heard them at Bob's house and at a HiFi shop here In L.A. and liked them. Just wondering if my room has enough space to let them bloom. Room is 19'8" on the long wall by 15' deep and ceiling height will put them just 2 inches from touching.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis95707-bob-carver-speakers-full-range
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    You're good...
    Heard them in a hotel room at AXPONA.
    Sounded good in there.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    Options
    When someone says only used for one hour, then goes on to say someone could listen to them all night the red flag goes to the top of the pole.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,092
    Options
    And gone... I logged in to pull the trigger and someone else snagged them.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • krazypolk
    Options
    The early bird gets the worm.