Possible move: Cincinnatti - any experience with Cinci?

Comments

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Why the move, Joey? I thought you just got your family and your parents settled, down there in TX.
  • good luck on your interviews.
    2ch rig:Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress modsPreamplifier: Parasound P5Amplifier: Parasound A23CDP: Pioneer DV-563ACables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB, AudioQuest Q2s, AudioQuest NRG X(preamp)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Why the move, Joey? I thought you just got your family and your parents settled, down there in TX.

Reason is for job related reasons, trying to further the career. However I won’t know how serious the move is until I actually see the place.

Thx for all the good luck wishes, much appreciated!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,494
    Caveat: I've never lived there.
    Nice town.
    Cinci has Fiona and the zoo. (google)
    Driving could be a drag but not THAT bad.
    Sports and the arts...
    As others mentioned KY is right there. If you like horses, you are about
    an hour away from the epicenter.
    It SEEMS to me like the weather gets better earlier and stays better longer on the other side of the Ohio river.

Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • Hopefully this could be a good move, not only for you, but your family too. Best of luck!
  • Joey_V
    I’m here right now

It’s more sprawled than I thought.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Good opportunity to check out the Great American Ballpark. Reds and Cubs tomorrow afternoon.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    And get some of that Graeter's ice cream! https://www.graeters.com/
  • Get a fresh Rhinegeist.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    Moving out of Dallas has it's ups and downs. Glad to be out of the traffic.
    It's a lot more green in Memphis. I don't have a $250 a month water bill
    in the summer anymore. But the audio scene is a bit lackluster.
    Finding tech stuff without Fry's, Microcenter, Altex and Tanner's is hard.
    Summer's aren't as long or as hot, but there is some winter weather.
    Had a chance to go to upstate NY again. Passed on it.
    Good luck with your hunt. Something should surface.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    edited September 2018
    Skyline chili. 4 way. Onions.

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    tonyp063 wrote: »
    Skyline chili. 3 way.

5 way..
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Skyline chili. 4 way. Onions.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Skyline chili. 3 way.

5 way..

Yous guys really need to take your fetishes to the swingers forums
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    Skyline chili. 3 way.

5 way..

No beans in chili. Even up North.
    Heathen.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Skyline chili. 3 way.

5 way..

No beans in chili. Even up North.
    Heathen.

It is good either way.....up here.....

• I’ll keep the beans in my chili and a peanut butter sandwich for dippin.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    My son works at Skyline. He got tired of it pretty quick.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I do know that this is *not* where the Ohio River caught fire.
    My wife lived there for a couple of years.
    It is the home of Graeter's Ice Cream...arguably the greatest ice cream in the land.
    The Bengals are there...and are my nephew's favorite football team for some strange reason since he is an inside linebacker with a pretty bright future...
    The Reds are too...I believe they had a racist owner at some point.

I mean honestly, it is like any other city in the US...you can find good and bad there.

I'm not familiar with that ice cream at all, I will have to try it out. But I can tell you it is home to the world's greatest BBQ potato chip, Grippo's!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • Joey_V
    Just finished my interviews

Thanks to everyone and their well wishes!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Joey_V wrote: »

And???

What's your gut feeling?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Joey_V
    halo wrote: »

And???

What's your gut feeling?

I would miss my Dallas home. That’s my gut feeling.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Obviously you need to do what you feel is right. As 47 year old I will say that I've put comfort and family tranquility before career. I & my family would be in a better position now if I had not.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Obviously you need to do what you feel is right. As 47 year old I will say that I've put comfort and family tranquility before career. I & my family would be in a better position now if I had not.

Joey . . . ^^^read this^^^

Now, read it again

Best of luck to you and the fam, Bro
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Where's @Gatecrasher ? He could tell you everything there is to know about Cincinnati
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Where's @Gatecrasher ? He could tell you everything there is to know about Cincinnati

Been gone a while now.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • Joey_V
    GlennDog wrote: »

Joey . . . ^^^read this^^^

Now, read it again

Best of luck to you and the fam, Bro

Very difficult choice.

On one hand I know I can be successful and fit in Cinci over time and my family would enjoy it as well.

The transition period is tough, I know and dread that.

But the flip side is I might be able to set myself up for a long time. If I stay here in Dallas, good chance I will stagnate.

Tough decisions to make.
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Msabot1 wrote: »
    I live outside the city in the burbs..work the whole area...just exactly do you want to know?...

Which suburbs should I check out? Something with newer developments..

Two words..East Side..Lots of new and pre owned properties located there..And room to grow too....Too crowded in West Chester area for me..Can get anywhere in the area from the 275 loop in about 30-45 minutes...as long as some bonehead with a me first attitude doesn't cause a wreck!!!..
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952

We have taken the approach very seriously, short term pain, long term gain. It has been difficult at times, but has paid off so far.

Now having said that, there is a breaking point, and I absolutely would and will not sacrifice my family for any job (of course assuming there is an option.

So if it’s a good move for you and will help the fam long term without too much short term stress, then go for it!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    I almost forgot, fellow-babies...

https://youtu.be/hKF8YxWWhI4
  • Joey have the shorts weighed in on this decision?
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |