Bass Shakers Application

Options
BobMcG
BobMcG Posts: 1,585
edited July 2001 in Technical/Setup
The sofa I use in my HT room is also a queen size pull out sleeper. Does anyone know if bass shakers could possibly be rigged for this application or if it's impossible. I personally can't see how it could be done but maybe someone has found a solution.
AIIRC
Post edited by BobMcG on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited July 2001
    Options
    While we're on the topic of bass shakers, are those things any good? How do they work exactly? It seems to me like a PSW1200 would be a good bass shaker. :)

Aaron
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2001
    Options
    Yes, they will work on a sleeper, as long as you can attach them to a solid piece of the frame. They don't need a whole lot of power, 50 watts or so. (an old rec. will work fine). They essentially work like a speaker, but the transducer does not produce sound, it produces vibrations.

Your sub will give bass tones, and vibrate some, but the bass shakers used in conjunction will really make some impact in your seating position. You WILL feel T-Rex run by.....

I've heard 2 for each sofa, 1 for each chair, used in an HT setup. No power required, they are a speaker in essence, and hook-up is via standard connectors with speaker wire.

Cheers,
    Russ

8249.gif
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited July 2001
    Options