Rt20p

Analog Kid
Analog Kid Posts: 39
edited August 2010 in Vintage Speakers
I have a chance the pick up a set of RT20P's for $280. The grills and cabinets are in nice condition (no snags, chips, dents) and have been in a non-smoking, climate-controlled environment all their life.

Is this a fair price?
RT2000i - Front
CS1000p - Center
F/Xi-A6 - Surround
DSW PRO-600 - Sub
Pioneer VSX-94TXH
Panasonic TC-P54G10
Post edited by Analog Kid on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited August 2010
    It's a good price for the quality of sound, but I just recently parted out my 20p's due to the shortage of parts out on the market, and no current replacements available from Polk direct.

I'd make SURE everything is working properly before getting into a pair, but if they work like they are supposed to, they sound pretty darn good. You should know, you have 2000's in your sig.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited August 2010
    What are you going to use them for? Seems like a good price.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • Analog Kid
    edited August 2010
    Everything did appear to be in good order. They looked like they had been sealed in a time capsule. Thanks for the head's up regarding replacement parts. From what I can recall, they are in the 10 to 15 year old range.

I plan on using them as L/R fronts in the bedroom rig. Right now I have a set of RM7500S satellites and a matching center channel (RM7500C) running off an Onkyo TX-SR605. Even though I am using a Velodyne 10" sub, I feel that there is something missing between the satellites and the sub that only a full-range speaker can provide.

Here's a link to the satellite/center channel combo I have. Note: I do not have the PSW650 sub.

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/products/recent/rm7500/
    RT2000i - Front
    CS1000p - Center
    F/Xi-A6 - Surround
    DSW PRO-600 - Sub
    Pioneer VSX-94TXH
    Panasonic TC-P54G10
  • Vette C6.r
    Vette C6.r Posts: 1,560
    edited August 2010
    I have the RT 12's as a secondary rig. There no SDA's but they really suprise me.

If I am not mistaken the RT20 are the same (minus a second 6.5 driver ) as the 12's but with an enclosed powered sub.

With my 12's I have to always check to see if the sperate sub is on because I can't believe the bass sometimes.

BTW - e-bay had the replacement drivers for the 12's ( I believe are the same 6.5 in as the 20's ) for sale. They weren't that much money. I would have got them but a little low on scratch.
  • cincycat13
    cincycat13 Posts: 882
    edited August 2010
    Analog Kid,

Are those the ones in West Chester? I got my CS400 from that guy and it is spotless and is working great. Nice guy to deal with as well. Best of luck if you pick them up!
  • Analog Kid
    edited August 2010
    cincycat13 wrote: »
    Analog Kid,

Are those the ones in West Chester? I got my CS400 from that guy and it is spotless and is working great. Nice guy to deal with as well. Best of luck if you pick them up!

Yes, that is the guy. I picked up the RT55s on Saturday and took a look at the RT20s. We talked about all the speakers and electronics he has owned over the years. At one point he had three sets of RT20s in his home.:eek:

Do you still have to CS1000?
    RT2000i - Front
    CS1000p - Center
    F/Xi-A6 - Surround
    DSW PRO-600 - Sub
    Pioneer VSX-94TXH
    Panasonic TC-P54G10
  • Analog Kid
    edited August 2010
    Typo above. Meant to ask if you have a CS1000 in addition to the CS400.
    RT2000i - Front
    CS1000p - Center
    F/Xi-A6 - Surround
    DSW PRO-600 - Sub
    Pioneer VSX-94TXH
    Panasonic TC-P54G10
  • cincycat13
    edited August 2010
    I really debated over the RT55s he had listed once I saw how good of a condition the center was in - like you said time capsule. We met at the Meijer off Tylersville so I didn't see them. Yeah, he said he had 4 RT20 set up as the fronts...wow.

I do still have the CS1000p rosewood that matches the rest of the RT5000p system. I currenlty only have the RT3000p fronts and the CS400 center connected. I want to make certain that I won't have a use for it before I pass it on because I don't want to hunt one down if I am wrong. Still debating if any of it will work for my area. The RT55s would have been a nice back up plan for decent fronts. Congrats of the pick up.
  • Analog Kid
    edited August 2010
    RT5000. Very nice!

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the RT20s. They are too nice to pass up.
    RT2000i - Front
    CS1000p - Center
    F/Xi-A6 - Surround
    DSW PRO-600 - Sub
    Pioneer VSX-94TXH
    Panasonic TC-P54G10
  • cincycat13
    edited August 2010
    Ready, aim, fire! I just wish I had a bedroom that would need RT20's for front channels! I am still trying to fit the 3000's in the TV room...:D
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 742
    ^^ spam reported
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    The amps in the RT20p were the weak link. Both of mine had to be repaired within 5 yrs.
    [