More Questions About Polk DS System components

Options
phuz
phuz Posts: 2,372
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I guess these questions are specificaly directed towards Micha.

So the Polk DS System will be only an all-in-1 system?

Compnents will not be offered seperately?

How far do you expect Polk to go with these components? If there were a powered receiver/headunit that closely matched the DP-1 DVD player I'd pick em both up in a heartbeat.

I want that DVD player... but I like to have my components match. :(
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Options
    I believe... I think... (I'm not sure this is set in concrete, but), at the moment the DP-1 DVD Player is not available separately. It is only available as an optional component with the DS System pream/processor. I'll have to check on this.

You wouldn't want the DS components by themselves. They are tweaked and engineered to perform at their peak with the DS7200 speakers. If you put them with other speakers, you will get less-than-optimum performance. (Not "bad," just not tweaked for speed, the way the DS7200 is.)

Think of the DS System as a real high-end HTiB, even tho pretty much everyone here gets a rash and breaks out in hives if you say "DS System" and "HTiB" in the same sentence.

:rolleyes:

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited April 2002
    Options
    As far as the DVP-1 being seperate.. it is available by itself.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-3LdBZ2nI1Md/ProdView.asp?s=0&c=6&g=54400&I=107DP1&o=m&a=0

*drool*

Thanks for the advice Micha. HTiB systems give me the creeps like most people. IMO audio quality should be first, and a great sounding HT should be just an added bonus. ;)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited April 2002
    Options
    Oh, hey, there it is.

It's a nice DVD player, too.

Whaddaya know?

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney