Awesome* Analog Karma -- a dozen prerecorded cassette albums :)

mhardy6647
mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
edited August 2018 in The Clubhouse
I keep hearing cassettes are back... if so, here's a starter pack for you young
hipsters or an expansion pack for you grizzled Mylar pros! B)

A dozen commercial, prerecorded (i.e., store-bought) albums on cassette!
Big stars! Big hits! :p

Here's what you'll get:

AC/DC Back in Black
B-52s Wild Planet
Cheap Trick At Budokan
Culture Club Kissing to be Clever
Foreigner Head Games
Gordon Lightfoot Endless Wire
Gordon Lightfoot Dream Street Rose
Benjamin Orr The Lace **
REO Speedwagon High Infidelity (no album cover insert)
Barbara Streisand Till I Loved You
The Edgar Winter Group They Only Come Out at Night
ZZ Top Afterburner

7sqkhzxlzmz2.jpg
dv3x1it92em2.jpg

Traditional Karma format -- these go to the winner for free (postage included)

Simple rules

* Must have at least 100 posts on the Polk Forums to participate
* Must have a delivery address in the US "lower 48" (sorry!)
* Pick an integer number from 1 to 100 inclusive
* Entry period closes Wednesday 29 August 2018 at 12 noon.
* The oh-so-lucky winner (random number drawing) will be announced no later than 8 PM Wednesday 29 August 2018.
* Winner must agree to accept the Barbara Streisand cassette to get the other 11. :)

Thanks for your interest & anticipated participation and good luck!!

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    In with 68. Be perfect for the car.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    I'm IN....Ohhhh wait, I don't have a cassette player...I'm out!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,640
    Cool karma, not in. I'd have to buy some MIT cables to hook up my deck lol...
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited August 2018
    42! Please

This should push me to get my Sony ES dual deck back up and running.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    In only if you include a pack of straws from California
  • mhardy6647
    gce wrote: »
    I'm IN....Ohhhh wait, I don't have a cassette player...I'm out!

careful what you wish for ;)
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    In with 44. My son ,15 just put together his first system from my extra stuff. I gave him all my cassettes. Fifty. He’s Jonesing for more. Thanks. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • mhardy6647
    He'll love you forever for that Streisand... B)
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I see that your still clinging on to your Milli Vanilli tape my good sir! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Not in but nice karma!
  • mhardy6647
    verb wrote: »
    I see that your still clinging on to your Milli Vanilli tape my good sir! :smile:

Dang straight! That's not for sale at any price! ;)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    In with 12, send them to Dabutcher for his son if I win.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I’m in with 90 and also pls send to Dabutcher if I win.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    In with 64. If I win, please send one cassette to each of the other people in the karma.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    One persons trash ..... not in but but i have about 50-60 that i recorded mostly on TDK SA90 tapes. Those were my favorite affordable cassettes to record on. I guess i wasn't aware people still have vehicles that have cassette decks in them.

Very nice Doc.
  • mhardy6647
    SA90 was nice tape - I have dozens of cassettes I recorded in the late 1970s on SA that still sound mighty fine on an empathetic deck.

A couple of these tapes are in high-quality shells, dating from that era when cassettes were a fairly popular consumer medium (mid-late 1980s, if memory serves). The Ben Orr tape, e.g., sounds pretty good actually. The ZZ Top appears to be a nice quality tape and shell, as well.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'm in with 11.

Cool Karma. B)

I also say send them to @Dabutcher for his son's delight. I probably have all of them, except Benjamin Orr. but maybe I do in one of my boxes. :)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    Just a little bump in case any one else wishes to throw his or her metaphorical hat (or whatever) into the equally metaphorical ring... you know... metaphorically speaking.
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,044
    In with 21.
    Please send to @Dabutcher for his son if I win.
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    :)

It's Wednesday (well, at least in Northern New England, it is)!
    'bout 8:35 AM EDT as I type this -- get your entries in by noon EDT for a shot at Babs (so to speak) and... oh, yeah. those other tapes, too!

;)

Thanks!

wpq4enn04efs.png

• Viking64
    After seeing that picture, that's the LAST number I would have picked. :o
  • mhardy6647
    Viking64 wrote: »
    After seeing that picture, that's the LAST number I would have picked. :o

Ever see Babs in The Owl and the Pussycat?
    If not -- google :p

OK, I'll announce the lucky weiner I mean winner soon!
    Thanks, one and all, for joinin' in!

• Viking64
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Ever see Babs in The Owl and the Pussycat?
    If not -- google :p

I hadn't. Google didn't change my opinion. :p

Plus, my friend's girlfriend (from Keene/Manchester, N.H., by the way) worked as her personal assistant. Let's just say that she was not particularly pleasant. HAHAHA

And ANYBODY that was in Manhattan when she directed "The Mirror Has Two Faces" is likely not (or no longer) a fan. :o
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    Ms Congeniality. ;)

Yeah, I didn't expect it to -- but it is a little jarring for anyone who's unaware of that movie, I'd say.

ahem -- back to the matter at hand.

OK, the list is assembled and Microsoft Excel will work its (pseudo) random magic to select our big prize winner shortly! :p

2h46tmt5khj9.png
  • Viking64
    LMAO @ "everyone gets one"

Or is that "get's" per say? I should of axed sooner.
  • mhardy6647
    yes, your two late too axe now.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    Ain't it? Or no?