Showcase your setups

Comments

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    edited August 2018
    One thing I've noticed from this thread, compared to back a few years in the former Member Showcase. TT's, a lot of Vinyl going' on here!

Current Set-Up:

atb9b2f1dlq2.jpg

5khw4r8ozgvh.jpg

Love the Scarlet and Grey.

15j6f4pg5t54.jpg

Don't you mean Scarlet and Cream? :)
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Irrenhaus wrote: »
    Bedroom setup.
    2g4wq3gyt3g7.jpg
    Would love to have a setup in the bedroom
    Alas not in the cards.

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited August 2018
    I think your signature needs updating Irrenhaus.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • aprazer402 wrote: »
    One thing I've noticed from this thread, compared to back a few years in the former Member Showcase. TT's, a lot of Vinyl going' on here!

Current Set-Up:

atb9b2f1dlq2.jpg

5khw4r8ozgvh.jpg

Love the Scarlet and Grey.

15j6f4pg5t54.jpg

Don't you mean Scarlet and Cream? :)

Nope. Not at all.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • joecoulson
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Living room setup. Rouge Cronus is hiding behind the right speaker.

eaejqyq0zmn5.jpeg

Here is a bad pic of the Cronus.

h5g6dkulgnut.jpeg

Here’s the Scout.

dxco594akdqc.jpeg

Love that Scout. Almost picked one off CL for $1450 but hesitated and it was gone.

• Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I think your signature needs updating Irrenhaus.

I know.

Cheers
    Rey
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Need to get a pic of the bedroom setup...
    Sonos Connect Amp
    Polk Audio Monitor 5 Series 2s with RD0198s, Mills resistors and Solen capacitors
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited August 2018
    DSkip wrote: »
    Is the weight of those amps balanced or lopsided? The biggest issue with handling the Evolution 845 is that almost all of that 120 lbs is in the back of the amp with the transformers. Handles would've been nice too.

I don't remember mine being lopsided so much as just being back-breaking heavy. I didn't or couldn't use the handles and I lifted from the bottom of the amp with one hand on the left rear corner and one on the right front corner. I had to use the same method once more to as I didn't trust the stands they were originally on.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    edited August 2018
    The GAS Ampzilla is an asymmetric load to pick up/carry/move. :blush:
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Sorry..... :/
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    lightman1 wrote: »

Well, fortunately, it's not like I dropped it or anything B)

but it's a beefy sumnabeej

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    tonyb wrote: »
    ...AND THAT, my friends, is the glue that holds it all together. ^^^^^^^^

Yup. I've got more Polkies in my phone than everyone else combined, with a tight second being all my doctors lol...

Met Polkies in IN, IL, TX, IA, and maybe a few other places lol..... Shared a few beers and tunes with the same. All good people...

I've sold gear to Polkies nationwide, I've held gear for Polkies, and helped Polkies buy gear lol......

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    lightman1 wrote: »

Well, fortunately, it's not like I dropped it or anything B)

but it's a beefy sumnabeej

Speaking of, Russ has decided that Ampzilla needs to be stored at his Midwestern warehouse in Iowa...right Russ? o:)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • mhardy6647
    edited August 2018
    36963474873_b243a3c6ae_b.jpgDSC_9702 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

We're talking Great Regular Flavor Ampzilla, not the A2k...
    the latter were monoblocks and (I'm guessing, here) probably pretty symmetrically laid out inside.

Her she is, from behind, after doffing her maillot ;) One may kind of get an idea of her asymmetry.
    Does this transformer make my chassis look big?

4esy7kqw1vbq.jpg
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Did a bit of a rebuild last night. I like it so far!
    zcz196m2us7z.jpg
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    zcz196m2us7z.jpg

That's a ridiculously cool setup you have there Micah! I've been on this forum since '04 and I've never owned a pair of Polk Audio SDA speakers. You are cooking with gas!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    F1nut wrote: »
    b3ej7p859cae.jpg

Musical Fidelity?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    halo wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    zcz196m2us7z.jpg

That's a ridiculously cool setup you have there Micah! I've been on this forum since '04 and I've never owned a pair of Polk Audio SDA speakers. You are cooking with gas!

Thanks!

I’ve been having a bit of an issue with turntable rumble. :confused: But I've gotten it mostly taken care of, so that’ll hold me over til I get a subsonic filter. I may also get some isolation pads. :smile:
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    halo wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    b3ej7p859cae.jpg

Musical Fatality?

Fixed to account for Jesse being UNdead...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    @DSkip I hope that you will soon share your thoughts about the new Aries G1. Just read/viewed the piece by John Darko.
  • joecoulson
    Are those Wilson’s?
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Great pics all!!
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Are those Wilson’s?

Rosso Fiorentino: Fiesole
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • joecoulson
    stangman67 wrote: »
    This is my 2 channel rig!

s83j200500u9.jpeg

Very nice!
    marvda1 wrote: »
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Are those Wilson’s?

Rosso Fiorentino: Fiesole

Thank You
  • joecoulson
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Here's a couple pics when we weren't fully moved in yet, I'll get some better ones this weekend. This is before the Parasound A21 replaced the HCA1500:

vfe0gyd3pmla.jpg

zfohez24c6p8.jpg
    Nice.
    Love the decor also. Suits your location to a “T”