1993-2002 Trans am

2»

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I think we should all pray for the family of the driver in the BMW.
  • BMF35
    BMF35 Posts: 86
    That generation WS6 is still trick. Normal GM quality but still worth having. You have to jump to an 03 Cobra to get close to the performance level and it has its share of problems. Go for it.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,031
    There are 2 pretty sweet 02 WS6 Trans am's for sale in my area. Black on Black which is what I think I would like. One of them dude has a bubble he keeps it in inside his garage. He wants 20k for it with like 21k miles on it. Another has 40k miles and it's going for 15k. 6 speed T Top models
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,471
    DSkip wrote: »
    Have you considered a newer Miata? Nowhere near as 'manly' but they look pretty sweet now and I'd imagine are a blast to drive. I find being able to handle turns with velocity is more fun than straight up acceleration. Those TA and Camaro just don't do well with that.

I've owned a 2003 Mach1 (manual trans) since it was new and completely rebuilt the suspension with Maximum Motorsports parts. It sticks to the road like glue and lots of fun to drive. B)
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I bet that car is constantly being lubed. :p
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    For 20k. You can get a 05 Corvette.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mantis
    DSkip wrote: »
    Have you considered a newer Miata? Nowhere near as 'manly' but they look pretty sweet now and I'd imagine are a blast to drive. I find being able to handle turns with velocity is more fun than straight up acceleration. Those TA and Camaro just don't do well with that.
    As cool as the Miata is it's just not my speed. As far as handling goes I plan on improving the suspension for better handling. I'm planning a nice well rounded weekend warrior for 1/4 mile fun and back roads.

Dan
  • mantis
    erniejade wrote: »
    For 20k. You can get a 05 Corvette.
    I know it's not off my list of considerations.
    Dan
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    You could even get into a Z06...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    gmcman wrote: »
    While the interior was the typical GM, plastic rattle world....the exterior styling even today is very sleek. I would love to find a low mile, minty 1990 GTA.

I always loved these cars, when cleaned up like this I think they look great.

Web pic.

sd0jhs1k8hv7.jpg

1989 Maroon GTA with gold honey comb wheels and a digital dash was the first new car I bought...insurance and monthly was twice my rent......lol......loved that car....between Alligator alley and the Sawgrass always somewhere to open her up...……..
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    la2vegas wrote: »
    lga755ddic8o.jpg
    Not mine, it belongs to a local seller in Southern California. I remember seeing the GTA at the LA Auto Show in 1988 and giggled at the name. I mean reallly? GTA? Surely the guy who plunked down his hard earned cash and then having his car stolen wouldn't find the name very amusing then.

All I could afford was a 90 red firebird with t-tops. Sorry no pics of that one.

Wonder what the seller is asking for it? Missing the TURBO emblem but has the Indy emblem.
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited August 2018
    92 5.0 LX is more my style.

dt0rdhozixt5.jpeg

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1126804/1992-ford-mustang-for-sale-in-cadillac-michigan-49601

Had one just like this too. Fun car for not a lot of dough. They still look good imo if they are clean.
    ifbsmvqf4rny.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • gmcman
    gmcman wrote: »
    lga755ddic8o.jpg
    Not mine, it belongs to a local seller in Southern California. I remember seeing the GTA at the LA Auto Show in 1988 and giggled at the name. I mean reallly? GTA? Surely the guy who plunked down his hard earned cash and then having his car stolen wouldn't find the name very amusing then.

All I could afford was a 90 red firebird with t-tops. Sorry no pics of that one.

Wonder what the seller is asking for it? Missing the TURBO emblem but has the Indy emblem.

This should answer most, if not all of your questions. https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d/new-1989-pontiac-firebird/6657705334.html

Daggone. that's almost a brand new car.
  • mantis
    lga755ddic8o.jpg

A friend of mine bought one new and still has it today. I think it has like 50k on it. He doesn't drive it daily just weekends when he feels like it.
    It's one of my all time favorite cars ever made. I actually wished for this car when I was in high school watching the Grand nationals. I thought that the 3.8L Intercooled Turbo should have been put in the Trans am and then in 1989 they did.
    It's an awesome car.
    Dan
  • gmcman
    Did you catch the tidbit about the decals?

Yeah...... :'( drool. I agree, that's my favorite Trans Am of that era. I do love the black GTA, the 89 is harder to come by at a decent price tag.

If I had a 50K lying around I would already have landed at LAX...lol.

A guy who lived up the street from me bought an 89 Turbo brand new, tucked it away and drove it very sparingly.

In about 1995 he had about 10K miles on it, turned down a few offers for 40K and back in 95 that was a steep price for that car.

Couple years after that he said he would sell it for $45K, was out of my budget at the time. So the asking price of this one is quite good IMO....if this is one someone is after, I doubt many more will come along in this condition.