Movie/Music room upgraded

Options
I put the 12b on some low profile cinder blocks with cork and rubber vibration pads that are 2x2x3/4. This yeilded an instant improvement.

The red panels are owens cornning 703. Got the first reflection points and 2 on the cealing above the listening position.

The bass traps in the left of the room are just sitting for now until i figure out how i wamt to mount them. All the foam in the right side was my old pyramid treatment just sitting there temp until i figure out what im going to do.

Over all im very very happy with the new sound.

gca381r6etry.jpg
3w3xt3l5qkk0.jpg
fhs8dyun7mdp.jpg
5e7q917gxtto.jpg
gypogpknvx20.jpg
3tl6e1l8tdgm.jpg

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,598
    Options
    Nice looking vintage Polks. What is your source?
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,546
    Options
    Yamaha RXA 1050 to a Parasound 2250 v2.
  • CH46E
    Options
    Does anyone think that i should remove the pucks from the bricks to the speakers? Does that defeat the purpose of a heavy brick?

Any other suggestions as far as acoustics go would be great. I have one spare 24x48 panel. Its just leaning up to the wall under the tv until i figure out where i should put it.
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    I don’t have any advice for the acoustics (my own room I see an acoustic nightmare) but I can say that it looks AWESOME. If you are hearing big improvement over how it used to sound, then I can’t imagine what it sounds like now, because it sounded pretty stinkin’ incredible when I was there.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Nice! I was once used a stack of the solid half blocks to raise up a pair of Monitor 10’s. Worked out well for me.

I like the color scheme.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • CH46E
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Micha, it sounds so much more pleasant to listen to now. Tighter, cleaner, imaging is dead on and bass response is the best ive heard in any of my rooms in past houses.

Im very stoked.

Jeremy, i went with the dark gray paint from Bear. Very happy with it. I got the flat finish to knock down light reflections. It just so happend that the guy i traded with brought the red panels. I was not sure if i would like the bright red. But i do.