I am too old for this CRAP.

oldrocker
oldrocker Posts: 2,590
edited August 2018 in The Clubhouse
Last Sunday, my nephew was playing in a softball tournament, slid into third base "leg first" snapped 2 bones in his leg, surgery on Thursday.

Tonight about 5:30 or so get a call from my daughter saying, some lady ran a stop sign and I got hit BAD, she was crying.

Ambulance took her to the ER.

In the hospital, Daughter told me she pushed the brakes as hard as she could but could not stop in time.

Just got home from the hospital. THANKFULLY no broken bones, sore lower back and both knee's hurt as they slammed into the dash board. I'm sure she'll be awful sore tomorrow.

Moms spending the night with her.

The other driver admitted she ran the stop sign to the police "I know the cop", refused medical treatment and had a child in a car seat. THANKFULLY neither were hurt, although the driver had a big knot on the side of her head.

ef5y3dx6eo19.jpg

She loved her little car, nic named him "stash" short for pistachio.

Thank God she seems to be ok for now!!!

<3:'(

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited August 2018
    Glad everyone is or will be ok. Prayers for everyone.,,,

I saw the thread title and was going to make a bit of an old age joke of it, but it doesn’t feel right.
    Post edited by nooshinjohn on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Yikes hope the waves calm and glad overall things will work out

Take a breath, tomorrow will be a brighter day
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • oldrocker
    I hate seeing my kid cry :s

Tomorrow will be better.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2018
    May want to get the old ticker checked my friend. I am only 18 months into my journey here and I have learned the core principles of what children are really here for.

Their smile will warn your heard like no other, and those first “morning hugs” he gives are each priceless., the second thing they are for is inducing heart attacks.... I have bruises from diving across things to catch him before he falls off of something I never saw him climb up on in the first place.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    Glad everyone is ok..., when it rains it pours...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,505
    oldrocker wrote: »
    I hate seeing my kid cry :s

Tomorrow will be better.

Sorry man

Things will look up from here
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Rough times; you (and your family) have my sympathy & my empathy, sir.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited August 2018
    Sorry about your Nephew's leg. I haven't heard of a person sliding to a base braking a leg and in his case even worse with 2 bones breaking. OUCH! But it probably happens a lot, and I just haven't heard about it.

Your Daughter and the other girl and child are lucky it wasn't worse!

I hope they all heal quickly with as little pain as possible.

I agree with when it rains, it pours. Also, bad things come in threes. So watch out! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Bad, but way better than what it could have been. Here's hoping she heals well.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Interesting to see that amount of damage on the Hyundai and see that the airbag doesdn't appear to have deployed.

Hope your daughter and nephew both make a speedy recovery. Keep us updated.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    You don't have to be too old to be too old for that little stretch of bad luck. I hope everyone heals quickly and you're all able to put it behind you and move forward.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,968
    Front air bags don't deploy in side impact if working properly
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Sorry it happened, but I'm glad everyone is going to be ok.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    VR3 wrote: »
    Front air bags don't deploy in side impact if working properly

Correct and in some cars you really must crunch it head in for them to deploy. My sons Toyota Celica T-boned a car that ran a stop sign hard enough the drivers door was almost in the middle of the car. His airbags never deployed his motor was into the firewall.
    Other cars seem to bump a parking meter and boom new bag.

Thankfully it all worked out Dave. What a string of luck right?
  • nooshinjohn
    Toyota has had issues with airbags not deploying when they should. There have been a few recalls for it.

• gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    Daggone oldrocker....sorry to hear. Glad everyone will be ok.
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    The punishment of time...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • oldrocker
    Thanks for the supportive comments.

She is quite sore but doing fine, no headaches, blurry vision so far.
    Got a follow up with primary care doctor tomorrow.

Poor kid, stopped by last night to see if she needed anything and she ask if I could water her flowers.

As I was getting the hose, I hear her say "dammit" rather loud. Apparently, one of her elderly neighbors feeds some wild cats and one of them used her flower bed as a litter box again!!!

FYI, she's quite the cat lover but not in this situation.

Airbags did not deploy. She was driving a 2012 Hyundai Accent, other vehicle was a 2015 Hyundai Tuscan. She was going not quite 30mph through a small town when it happened. I think the bag not deploying was a good thing as the kid sits so close to the steering wheel.

Now starts all the paperwork from the whole incident.

As far as my nephew, he broke his right leg tibia and fibula, I have a pic of the xray on my phone but it would load here which is good, it's a nasty looking break.

He's having surgery today at noon in Indy to put 2 plates in his leg.

I told my wife once everything is back to normal, I'm going shopping, Audio shopping!!!!

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Shopping for audio stuff has ALWAYS worked for me to relieve stress tension for a while. ;):)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    That's too much at one time, even for youngsters. Forget the old comment. Sorry to hear about this. Same thing happened to my daughter earlier this year. Lady in a truck ran a red light and T-boned her on passenger side where her son was buckled in, in the back seat. Lady fully admitted she was on the phone and it was her fault. Still, doesn't make the pain and hassle in getting a replacement car any easier. Not something anyone plans for. Hope surgery goes well and he can return to full and active life.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • nooshinjohn
    I told my wife once everything is back to normal, I'm going shopping, Audio shopping!!!!

My lol to the original post was for this comment only. I am glad all is looking up and things are getting better.

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Yikes! I’ll be keeping your family in my prayers.
  • oldrocker
    Well, the car is officially totaled. Front piece of the frame was bent 90 degrees and snapped.

THANKFULLY, daughter appears to be on the mend but has an issue that has manifested that is being evaluated.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,560
    Thanks for the update. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for her full recovery. Stay strong and don't forget to take care of yourself during this stressful time.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    @oldrocker,

I just saw this thread, and I'm very sorry to hear about both the traumas you and your family have recently experienced.

Children and grandchildren are the source of the greatest pleasure we have in life.

The reciprocal of that is that because we care for them so much, their pain affects us deeply.

Prayers and best wishes to you and them. I hope they recover speedily.

Phil
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• oldrocker
    Thanks all for the encouraging words.

I believe she will heal up, just take some time.

Now the ever entertaining part of dealing with insurance :s

She's getting her sense of humor back as I ask her if we needed to play "taps" as her old car heads off to the salvage place.

• nooshinjohn
    Highway to Hell would have worked too... :p

• Nooshinjohn, if you think your children bring such joy, wait until you get grandkids, and the best part you get to send them home after all the good stuff is over.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Good news....prayers for a speedy recovery and things get back to normal.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable