Flush mount SDA SRS 2

Options
CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,547
edited August 2018 in Vintage Speakers
SDA SRS 2

The guy who traded me acoustic room treatments with install (Owens Corrning 703) had asked if it would be ok to flush mount them into a wall. They are going into his recording studio for wow factor.

I told him i would ask for him. There would be no toe in of course, i explained and showed him the manual for thier set up.

I did tell him that you dont want a bunch of stuff between them.

Thanks

BTW: my system sounds so much better. Cant wait to really sit down and listen.

Best Answers

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Answer ✓
    Options
    They may get rather boomy... Distance to wall is critical to balancing the bass output.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,095
    Answer ✓
    Options
    They need to come forward at least four inches from anything that may be set between them, and should not be enclosed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,795
    Answer ✓
    Options
    CH46E wrote: »
    He said they would be surrounded by bass traps.

Won't make a difference, they are not a speaker designed to be in a hole.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Answers