Corvette Advice sought....

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,925
    edited August 2018
    polrbehr wrote: »
    As long as there are idiots who continue to text and drive and cause violent head-on
    collisions, a driverless car doesn't seem to be a bad thing.

You don't suppose that "they" have deliberately designed, engineered and enabled all of these driver distractions as a lever to help drive home the widespread acceptance and implementation of centrally-controlled, driverless vehicles... do you?

;)

34956189450_0e46eaf675_b.jpgDSC_8408 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

nccbbxhd2kgi.png
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    In my best Bugs Bunny voice -- ehhhhhhhhh, could be! :)

When it comes to citizens being steered (no pun intended) into acceptance, nothing surprises me if money is a motivator.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • come on over to the British side

er3a6pbbhk6f.jpg
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    LOL, driverless cars are not going away. Tesla is not a driverless car, but autopilot.

Close enough, a bigger version of cruise control, which I never used. Somebody got the idea of removing mistake prone humans from the equation, and replacing it with software/hardware, made by the same mistake prone humans.

With a driverless car, your removing the liability from those pesky humans to whom exactly ? That's the key question, and one that will brunt the lawsuits that follow.

If you want to tell me the humans are still responsible for making decisions that are out of their hands, then what's the point ? They are also responsible for texting and driving, drinking and driving, etc. In other words, humans may bear the responsibility in either scenario. If that's the case, and I'm to bear that responsibility, then I want to make the decisions while driving. Make sense ?

Another side to driverless cars is....you may not be required to actually have a drivers license, depending on how advanced the car is. That opens up sales to much more people. Could that be where all this is headed ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    Ok John, if a corvette is your desire, I'll keep an eye out. Years you like ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    come on over to the British side

er3a6pbbhk6f.jpg

Already have a Jag....
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    come on over to the British side

er3a6pbbhk6f.jpg

Already have a Jag....

That needs to be a minivan :p

2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • nooshinjohn
    We are planning on having the classic car, a Subaru Outback, and my XJ8...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • nothing wrong with upgrading then to a F type and F Pace,

I drive the XK and the wife drives the XF
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • tonyb
    edited August 2018
    Now there's an idea. In 15 years your current Jag will be a classic, give that to the kid and buy yourself a new one now.

Least you'll know the quality of the car your handing him. Plus....you can use his car to take everyone to the beach and keep yours clean. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    vette_van_big.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • woodhead 2
    woodhead 2 Posts: 367
    I have a 79. Rebuilt motor, new 700r tranny. All new suspension, rack steering. New T-tops, never been on. New brakes, seats, and more.
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Upper fronts- Monitor 30's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • I handed my oldest daughter my old Crossfire (it only had 75k) The only thing I have had to do for it since was a new waterpump (they are not cheap on that Mercedes engine) but nothing else but normal maintenance.
  • tonyb
    I handed my oldest daughter my old Crossfire (it only had 75k) The only thing I have had to do for it since was a new waterpump (they are not cheap on that Mercedes engine) but nothing else but normal maintenance.

Did ya change the timing belt at the same time ? Saves a lot when you do them both together because they basically have to do the same amount of work to get to each.

Amazing what it costs, a 25 buck water pump, 900-1000 bucks roughly to install.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,925
    mrbiron wrote: »
    vette_van_big.jpg

Yeah -- but Ferrari beat 'em to it.

:)

xjg8loim59bb.png
    yezl3gj76zo0.png
  • the price of the pump was $1300 total cost was $1800
  • nooshinjohn
    Another car on my radar is the 1968/69 Toronado W-34 with a floor shift and center console. Fewer than 1500 were built between the two years with the console, and there are fewer than 100 left....

I just located one.

• nooshinjohn
    Search may be over... this car could be the one that got away. It’s not a vette, but has been and always will be my first car-crush.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/d/1963-buick-riviera/6667833118.html

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Sweet ride! Looks like most of the work is already done.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    edited August 2018
    Sharp and a wildcat motor! Not too far from me also. Go for it!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • nooshinjohn
    The search may be over... I go look at it Saturday.

5tftdcgpdw0q.jpeg

• Keep searching.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    How many clowns come with it?
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    How many clowns come with it?

And are they midgets.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Wow, ain’t that a sight.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    edited August 2018
    It’s a ‘98 pace car collector edition that was one of the 110 or so used by Indy as a courtesy vehicle during the festivities. Personally, being a Minnesota Vikings fan, l like the color.

• It’s a ‘98 pace car collector edition that was one of the 110 or so used by Indy as a courtesy vehicle during the festivities. Personally, being a Minnesota Vikings fan, l like the color.

Well there you go. It’s meant to be.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • nooshinjohn
    The only thing I will swap are the wheels. I think they look horrible on the car and take away from its appearance.

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    The wheels are unique, though. Came on no other Corvette and part of what makes it collectible. Take them off, fine, but don't get rid of them or you'll lose value in the vehicle.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!