Any P-Funkaholics in da Houzz?

Options
stretchl
stretchl Posts: 1,334
If so, what would you reccomend as a good intro album to the collective? Thanks.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
- Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
Cabling by Groneberg
Visuals
https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto

Comments

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    Options
    Endanger Species, on guard defend yourself...…

Its hard to get a complete collection on one album, You can start with a greatest hits, but again your talking about 2-3 groups that George Clinton put together over the same time period.

Parlament
    Funkadelics
    and a female group that had a hit or 2.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    Options
    If you are into into guitar you need to hear Eddie Hazel's "solo" on Funkadelics Maggot brain. One of the best guitar tracks of all time.

For me, the rest of Parliment / Funkadelic was hit or miss. And can not be represented in an album or two (if you like it or not)
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    I dig all of George's incarnations.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • stretchl
    stretchl Posts: 1,334
    Options
    I really like Bernie Worell, and though I understand that George Clinton cheated him out of a lot of royalties, I do want to check out what he did artistically.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
    - Isaac Asimov

Hi-Fi
    Apple Lossless --> Squeezebox Touch --> Joule Electra LA-100 Mark iii --> Odyssey Khartargo Mono Plus --> LSiM-705's
    Cabling by Groneberg
    Visuals
    https://media.illinois.edu/journalism/ledford-charles-stretch
    bit.ly/stretchonphotojournalism
    http://Vimeo.com/channels/stretchphoto
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Parliament-Funkadelic

Rick James too.

The "Jackie Brown" sound track. B)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Sorry, I miss-read the thread title. :s

Carry on with P-F Album choice thoughts.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Amazon has a five album set for like 16 bucks
  • recoveryone
    Options
    Afterburnt, that is a great place to start, just sad to read that it is not a re-mastered set, I would buy it for sure if it was. Its hard to get many of the songs in decent copies (recordings). I guess I will have to wait for a good FLAC version come out before I upgrade my current collection.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • recoveryone
    Options
    I can't even pick one album over another, its more about individual tracks. Chocolate City 30 years before its time, Endanger species, DownStroke, Give up the funk, Tear the Roof off, One Nation Under a Groove, Flashlight, Knee Deep, Aqua Boogie, Atomic Dog, P-Funk the list can go on and on depending on your own taste of funk. I was funkified back in 75 while on vacation in Texas. One of my cousins had the Mothership album, and played it over and over non stop, I've been hooked ever since.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    I remember crusin in my 67 Chevy Impala laid in the booty with my chrome rims blasting the 8 track "Flashlight" from those 3 way 6x9 Jensen in the rear deck