Are the LSiM speakers discontinued/all gone?

New24k
New24k Posts: 74
Are the LSiM speakers discontinued/all gone?

According to Polk's website - they have been on "backorder" for more than 6 months.

Comments

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Call Polk and ask them, and then report back here with what they say.
  • New24k
    I sent them an email...

And, of course, they didn't respond.

I will try calling and see what BS they give me.
  • New24k
    Well, according to Ken at Polk - they are expecting new shipments of LSiM speakers (from wherever they are made) in July and August...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Wow, guess they had another batch built and they're on the ship coming over from China. Interesting!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Wow, guess they had another batch built and they're on the ship coming over from China. Interesting!

Whoa can't imagine the Tariff on that
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,306
    edited July 2018
    Good speaker, glad they're still in production, but I wonder what will be next.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    edited July 2018
    msg wrote: »

Something nice :)

Bummer I signed a NDA. If it's what they gave me a glimpse at, you all will like it.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    edited July 2018
    mrloren wrote: »

Bummer I signed a NDA. If it's what they gave me a glimpse at, you all will like it.

tease...
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • New24k

Should I hold off and not get the LSiM setup?

Will it be comparable (or better) than the LSiM speakers?

Or is it going to be something below the LSiM?

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Legally he cannot say one way or another without being in violation of the NDA.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861

I agree. Didn't sign any NDA, but yes, the next series should be eye opening (but with your ears).
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited July 2018
    Edit...

If you want LSIM’s there are places out there. If you want used, many more.

Cheers
  • New24k
    FestYboy wrote: »

I agree. Didn't sign any NDA, but yes, the next series should be eye opening (but with your ears).

OK, if you didn't sign any NDA... what's all the secrecy? lol

Just like to know if it will be comparable (or better?) than the LSiM series... :)
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    New24k wrote: »

Just like to know if it will be comparable (or better?) than the LSiM series... :)

Supposedly many times better is what I’ve heard...
  • msg
    70x better.
    Wait, that's the new 15" MacBook Pro. Sorry, mixed those up.
    I disabled signatures.
  • FestYboy
    New24k wrote: »

I agreed to not spill any beans to the community, so what am I worth if I can't keep to my word? Maybe I can get away with saying that Polk is moving forward by looking back... The end result should be staggering.
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    The Polk tour I went on was over about 17 months ago, I was only given a small glimpse, very small glimpse. Who knows maybe they moved to something different.

There was a post a while back that Polk was going to 3 main speaker series. Only Polk can tell us when they are ready.

I do know that if you're looking for a new set of speakers. Deals on the LSiM's are fantastic for a very good speaker. I also doubt that they will offer deals on a new line of high end speakers like they are for the LSiM.

Bottom line is who knows other than Polk.
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    edited July 2018
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited July 2018
    The REAL burning question about a new series from Polk is not if they are better than LSiM, but whether or not they are better than a set of SRS 1.2TL's with all the mods and upgrades. >:)o:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    What are the thoughts on an homage to the old SDAs with interconnect cable and all? I would love to see that.
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    You're not going to see a big speaker. That's all I'm saying.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    The don’t need to be huge gorilla coffins to take things to a new level.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,923
    70x better.
    Wait, that's the new 15" MacBook Pro. Sorry, mixed those up.

This thread got me to thinkin' -- when it comes to loudspeakers, is better linear or logarithmic?

;)
  • mhardy6647
    The don’t need to be huge gorilla coffins to take things to a new level.

"A new level" of what, exactly?

• msg
    No more posts from you Doc, not until you confirm purchase of those Altecs!
    I disabled signatures.
  • FestYboy
    F1nut wrote: »
    Define "big"...
  • mhardy6647
    F1nut wrote: »
    Define "big"...

8 cubic feet or more puts one in "big" territory, as far as I am concerned.
    Anything smaller is pretty much bookshelf.

:)
  • mhardy6647
    edited July 2018

I have been so actively resisting them...
    I hope they got sold... but I may go over tomorrow and see if they're still there (the place is only open on Saturdays).

In fact, someone do me a favor, buy 'em and put 'em on a boat to Asia or take 'em home or... whatever. Save me from myself. :)

https://www.facebook.com/BlowMeDownGrange.TheAtticShop/

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I have been so actively resisting them...
    I hope they got sold... but I may go over tomorrow and see if they're still there (the place is only open on Saturdays).

In fact, someone do me a favor, buy 'em and put 'em on a boat to Asia or take 'em home or... whatever. Save me from myself. :)

https://www.facebook.com/BlowMeDownGrange.TheAtticShop/

Don't you even want to know what he'd take for them??? May not even be a crazy price
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    yes, but... have you seen my hifi room?

:/