In-Wall Speaker Wire?

Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
What are you guys using??

I was using Audioquest 14/2, I’m in the middle of remodeling our basement/HT room. I asked Dan and he suggested using the 14/4 and doubling the wires since my rear surrounds will be 30+ foot runs..

I’m going to route them different while I have the basement in mess mode, so I will be pulling new wire..

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    I'm using JSC Wire & Cable 12awg CL3 rated wire for my surrounds. If I had to do it over again, I think I'd go with some of the CL3 rated Furez Doug sells.

https://douglasconnection.com/Raw-Speaker-Cable_c33.htm

I bought some of the 10awg for a different project & really like it. Pretty flexible for a larger cable.
  • ThomasD
    ThomasD Posts: 260
    DaveHo wrote: »
    I'm using JSC Wire & Cable 12awg CL3 rated wire for my surrounds. If I had to do it over again, I think I'd go with some of the CL3 rated Furez Doug sells.

https://douglasconnection.com/Raw-Speaker-Cable_c33.htm

I bought some of the 10awg for a different project & really like it. Pretty flexible for a larger cable.

Remodeling our basement and went to order my 'go to' Belden 5T00UP 10 awg. CL2 for inwall & speaker leads. My contractor price jumped up to almost $1.50 per foot & could only order 500' minimum. Must be a supply & demand, it was under $.90 per ft. my last order & copper prices have dropped. :| Frustrating :| . So decided to go ahead and try the Furez 10 awg. in their 250' put up. It's a little larger diameter. Has anyone used this for their speaker leads? I make mine up with Furez copper banana plugs & ViaBlue braided sleeves.
    Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM
  • ab0tj
    ab0tj Posts: 40
    I used Monoprice in wall cable in the last house I was living in. I was happy with it as well
    Marantz SR6012, Parasound HCA-2200II, LSiM705 L/R, S35 center (yeah, I know...), 2x PSW505
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2018
    Furez 14/2, but I’ve also used their 14/4, 10/2 as well.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)