Elevate my SDA 2a's

Options
Thinking about elevating my 2a's. Incredible separation between channels but the highs seems brighter (in a good way) when I'm sitting on the floor. Granted these are original & untouched but higher frequency's just seem less muddled below sitting height. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their SDA's? Could the original SL2000's be the problem? Temporarily raising them makes a big difference. They are just sitting on the carpet for now. Looking into spikes but with the open base on these, what type of spike or outriggers would work?
Thanks
Carver M4.0t, M1.0t, M200t, TX2, C1, C2, Marantz 2230, 2010, 4070, 1030, APPJ 2013, Rega Brio, Marantz Imperial 7's, Klipsch Heresy III, Quartets, KG4's, KG1's, 'The Sixes', R-12SW, Polk SDA 2a's, Monitor 7cTL's, SDA CRS's, 4a's, Zu Audio Dirty Weekends, Pro-ject Acryl TT, Cambridge 851N, 351C, Panamax 5300PM

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    The first thing to do, replace the tweeters.

To add spikes you'll have to install corner blocks to the base.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk