Nissan 300zx

2»

Comments

• dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,180
    I believe they changed the numbers as they changed displacement on the motors. The 240 and 260 were carbureted and the 280 went to fuel injection.

I picked up a 1977 280z right after high school and loved it. Pioneer supertuner radio with a pair of Minimus 7's mounted in the back.
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    I do not remember the the 260 at all.....
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    I remember the 260's started feeling real light in the front the faster you went. Not a confidence inspiring feeling.
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    I picked up a 1977 280z right after high school and loved it. Pioneer supertuner radio with a pair of Minimus 7's mounted in the back.

I had a1978 280z with the Pioneer supertuner as well!!!
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,471
    Nice, didn't realize they were T-top. I thought the GM F-body platform was the only one other than some exotics.
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    I learned how to drive a stick shift on a 240Z. Great fun car to drive.
  • simm
    simm Posts: 562
    Looks nice. Was a fan in HS but didn't have one.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,163
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Nice, didn't realize they were T-top. I thought the GM F-body platform was the only one other than some exotics.

Lots of T-Tops through the years. My 1983 Mustang GT had them. I know some other GMs like Regals/Grand Prix/Monte Carlo/Cutlass...also Corvettes and Fieros. Ford also had them on Thunderbirds and Capris. Toyota had them on the MR-2. Some others too.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • Conradicles
    edited June 2018
    Every Saturday morning I take her for a drive. Rediculously fun to handle in the twisties of the foothills of NC!
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    @Conradicles Very nice 300ZX, it looks like the 2+2, is it a turbo? Friend of mine had one about the same year as yours. His was yellow and a 2+2, don't think his was a turbo, but still plenty fast, it had a Bose stereo with the "Bose" name right out in front on the dash. I had a '78 280Z, then a '79 280ZX, the 79 was a new style, a little bigger, both were nice. I have my red 1992 240SX stored in my garage, I drive it once in a while, RWD, 4 cyl. does not have the zoom the earlier ones had. But still a fun ride. Enjoy the summer! :)
  • Conradicles
    Not turbo...NA. Only 83K on a 1991.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited June 2018
    Nice looking Z....congrats. I worked at a Nissan dealer from 89-91, not as a tech though...I remember those cars coming in.

That generation Z has the best driving position of any car I've driven. There are quite a few cars that give that feeling you can drive all day at hwy speeds, but the 2nd gen 300 ZX tops the list for me.

Looks like you have the wider rear wheels from the turbo, that setup looks much better IMO.

You may know this...if not, just keep in mind tire rotations won't be possible without a mount/dismount. Those wheels are also left and right specific, to pull air from inside the wheel to the outside for brake cooling. Not a huge deal on the street but just a friendly fyi.

Enjoy!
  • Conradicles
    gmcman wrote: »
    That generation Z has the best driving position of any car I've driven. There are quite a few cars that give that feeling you can drive all day at hwy speeds, but the 2nd gen 300 ZX tops the list for me.

Looks like you have the wider rear wheels from the turbo, that setup looks much better IMO.

Yes the wider rear wheels. I am 6' 3" and I agree...best driving position I have ever felt.

• Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    Every Saturday morning I take her for a drive. Rediculously fun to handle in the twisties of the foothills of NC!

Your Z-car reminded me of this....

https://youtu.be/uXdFKcETEPg