Pink Floyd Tribute band from Australia

Watching it right now on my local PBS TPT. Coming to my State Theater October 12th. They are amazing! The Australian Pink Floyd Show is the name of band. Peace. D
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”

Comments

• Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    Saw Pink Floyd once at Milwaukee County Stadium 1977 Animals tour. Best concert I ever went to. Peace. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Brit Floyd is the top PF tribute band, IMHO. I also saw the '77 Animals tour but in Munich,Germany.
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    decal wrote: »
    Brit Floyd is the top PF tribute band, IMHO. I also saw the '77 Animals tour but in Munich,Germany.
    +1, I just saw Brit Floyd at Radio City a couple of weeks ago, best one I've seen
    so far (out of 4). Their light/laser show is amazing too.
    aitciiukabh5.jpg
    mgh8t0l9lmh7.jpg
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited May 2018
    I believe they just came through Wilm. NC. here and we almost went.

The TV advertised that they have a million dollar light show to go with their act. Man we should've gone!!! :(:'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • leftwinger57
    leftwinger57 Posts: 2,917
    If your into effects and bombast then Pink Floyd is your ticket. From the early days reading Nick Mason's book was some amazing facts. 1. Bill Graham the biggest east coast promoter didn't know who they were. They wanted a whole weekend at the Fillmore East and Bill the businessman said I'll rent you a Wednesday night, you get the gate and I get the rent and concessions. From the 1st time at Town Hall w/ WEM towers surrounding ever so many rows to Roosevelt stadium w/ light racks that went up and down were only camoed scissor lifts to the '94 show where I swore Yankee Stadium was rotating. They do say their 1st sets all original and different but the 2nd set of the entire DSOTM is set as the effects are in control here. I did see Brit Floyd on PBS and really good cover band like saying the Grateful Dead was a great cover band.
    2chl- Adcom GFA- 555-Onkyo P-3150v pre/amp- JVC-QL-A200 tt- Denon 1940 ci cdp- Adcom GFS-6 -Modded '87 SDA 2Bs - Dynamat Ext.- BH-5- X-Overs VR-3, RDO-194 tweeters, Larry's Rings, Speakon/Neutrik I/C- Cherry stain tops Advent Maestros,Ohm model E

H/T- Toshiba au40" flat- Yamaha RX- V665 avr- YSD-11 Dock- I-Pod- Klipsch #400HD Speaker set-

Bdrm- Nikko 6065 receiver- JBL -G-200s--Pioneer 305 headphones--Sony CE375-5 disc
  • stuwee
    stuwee Posts: 1,508
    edited June 2018
    Any real PF tribute band should omit all music written by Waters! Blech!!! Nasty man who broke the band with his inflated ego. Elitist, I Hate him...
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    Thorens TD125MKII, SME3009,Shure V15/ Teac V-8000S, Denon DN-790R cass, Teac 3340 RtR decks, Onix CD2...Sumo Electra Plus pre>SAE A1001 amp>Martin Logan Summit's
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    edited June 2018
    stuwee wrote: »
    Any real PF tribute band should omit all music written by Waters! Blech!!! Nasty man who broke the band with his inflated ego. Elitist, I Hate him...

Don’t forget Pink Floyd would not be Pink Floyd without Waters. Great writer and musician. Just an opinion as is yours.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables